Hey Guys...I Know You Want To See This And Laugh At Me!!! LOL!

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by channelcat_tracker, Jun 1, 2006.

1. channelcat_tracker

channelcat_tracker New Member

State:
    Iowa
    ok go ahead and laugh at me for this. memorial day, was aweful. i did do what i wanted to. so i hit my catfishin pond saturday around 230 pm and fished till 830. nothing. hit it sunday night to monday morning. NOTHING! and then i went over maintenance check as usual and found this! the night before, a turtle jugline got me. i threw it out with a gill on it and the hook gave me a 3 inch gash on my right arm by the joint. that needed stitches yet i refused to get em and continued fishin.:big_smile:

the next was a rash that showed up. IT WAS EVERYWHERE!!!!! i got it from the algae that i took out the day before. it had some kind of chemical on it. boy it itches.:crazy:

the next was that i am covered in mosquito bites. they are all over my arms and legs.:crazy:

then i went ahead and sticked me a johnsonville brat on a campfire cooking fork and when it was done i was sooooo starving that i went ahead to eat it. well my dumbness paid off cuz i ended up with a nice straight branded burn from the fork on my lip. guess i wont go that hungry again:embarassed:

then my foot came out all bloody from the slicing the rocks and sticks did on my feet when i was flyfishin with no shoes on. lol

all of that pain and suffering for absolutely NO CATFISH. i only had one bite on my dead snake and thats it.

the only good that came from this was when i got bored i took the owner of the pond who i was fishin with i took his recurve and some arrows. (This is not a bowfishing combination) well i practiced with it on bluegills and nothing came from that. well about the 3rd hour of that, i got smart and found a group of gills sittin in a column at a broadside angle. so i took a shot at it and thought i totaly misssed. well when i went to get the arrow, i saw a little 3 inch bluegill floatin up with the arrow. i hit it right in the brains or above the eye.

last but not least the last bit of good was that on my juglines, i produced a nice 5 pound ba$$. i know i shouldnt say this but when you go fishing for 20+ hours with no fish other than gills, a ba$$ sounds pretty good to catch. but too bad it swallowed the hook and gill and died. i have pictures of it so thats good. also i got free everything. bait food lodging Everything!!!!! well lets see what you guys say. do you think this is dumber than what mellon does? :big_smile:

2. copycat

copycat New Member

State:
    New Jersey
    Don't worry Tony, age will come and wisdom will follow. You sound like me when I was your age. They were fun days for sure and just like you, I have a few "battle scars":big_smile:

PS. Nice signature picture!

3. flaboy

flaboy New Member

State:
    Wedgefield, SC
    FUN< FUN< FUN< Think of the stories for the grandkids!
    when I was your age I----------------------:lol:

4. Big Country01

Big Country01 New Member

State:
    brandon,florida
    well you know the saying....
    if your gonna be hardheaded, you gotta be tough.....lol
    at least it sounds like you had a good time....:roll_eyes:

5. channelcat_tracker

State:
    Iowa
    yea i guess your right. i am tough but that flathead came from a different day. i dont know how to upload pictures on a post so i cant show the bass and gill:lol:

6. Chief

Chief New Member

State:
    Indiana
    lately it seems we've been getting beat up

7. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    Sounds like a tipical fishing trip to me, LOL!!! Everyone has days like that, don't beat yourself up over it!!!

8. Buddrice

Buddrice New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    You have to take the bad days with the good ones.Put it behind you and keep fishing.But wear some shoes and think before you do ! LOL

9. YeeHaw

YeeHaw New Member

State:
    Quincy Illinois
    Oh man that had to of sucked. I'm not the only one to have fun this memorial weekend. Me and some of my BOC buddies went to the Ozarks, and i got a $150 ticket.

10. flathead willie

flathead willie Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    "What doesn't kill you, will surely make you stronger".....and hopefully a bit wiser!

11. ladyfish50

ladyfish50 New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    Johnsonville brat....$2.00
    Film for camera......$3.99
    Replacement arrows after practicing on gills...$7.00
    A fun day spent fishing.....PRICELESS!!
    Look at it this way...you should have used up all your bad luck for a l-l-o-o-o-n-n-g time!! Be Careful!!

12. channelcat_tracker

State:
    Iowa
    i dont suppose it would have gotten worse. but when you put some pop, peroxide, and some good ole fishing buddies, LIFE IS GREAT!!!!!! wow when i think of it, it makes me laugh sooooooooooooooooo hard!:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :tounge_out:

13. curdog

curdog New Member

State:
    Sheridan, Arkansas
    Sounds like catfishing to me! It could have been worse you could have been stuck in the house watching jerry springer!! LOL

14. Doyle

Doyle New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Tony, I think you got the right attitude! You'll do great in any thing you do in this life.:smile2:

15. channelcat_tracker

State:
    Iowa
    yea if im stuck with jerry springer and no catfishin shows, i might as well be a nice catfish on a fryin skillet!:lol: :lol: