hey got a ?

Discussion in 'LOCAL NORTH CAROLINA TALK' started by natethe great, Apr 30, 2008.

1. natethe great

natethe great New Member

State:
    North carolina
    hey guys i was wondering what yall would do to chum a hole with shad i got some in the freezer and i was wondering on how yall would chum it if u wanted it to slowly decipate cause id like to chum it either thursday or friday night and fish it all day saterday sience i got the whole day off and im fishin yay well let me know what ya think
    till next time good fishing :wink:

2. whisker maniac

whisker maniac New Member

State:
    arkansas
    Nate, I think I would cut them up and put them in a burlap bag with a weight and then sink it. The burlap bag will keep them from drifting and floating off as well as letting the scent and flavors out slow.

3. ncfowler

ncfowler Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    Name:
    Jeff
    hey nate you better not be baiting my hole, l:eek:oooh: Just kidding I have a hand crank meat grinder you can use if you need it just call me and come over, You can use dog food or cat food that works good too I would not bait the hole till friday night that way by saturday the fresh chum will be still stong enough and not waterout. You may want to go a little shallower than where we fish usualy I have my best luck in the waters around 15' also look at the weather forcast to see which way the wind will be blowing saturday that way you can bait areas that are out of the wind and you won't have to contend with your boat drifting at achor. I'll call you saturday to see how your doing.

4. TriadTroller

TriadTroller New Member

State:
    Winston-Salem, NC area
    hey nc fowler how are the cats biting at oak hollow?

matthew