Hey Gator fan

Discussion in 'Ersel's Gridiron Talk' started by s_man, Sep 30, 2007.

1. s_man

s_man New Member

State:
    south east ohio
    I feel for your loss. If the buckeyes can stay undefeated and LSU loses 2 games maybe we can meet again this year. LOL

2. MattShannon

MattShannon New Member

State:
    WV
    After this weekend, anything's possible. I would'nt put money on a rematch though. I think USC vs an undefeated OH would be more likely, but who knows?

3. suddawg

suddawg New Member

I'm still going with USC vs. LSU

Anything obviously is possible, so we'll see

SudDawg

4. BassMassey

BassMassey Well-Known Member

State:
    Oconee
    USC will lose at Oregon.......and there is no way LSU will make it through the SEC schedule without suffering a loss.......The BCS system will fail to determine a true champion once again, and hopefully the NCAA will finally commit to a playoff system a few years down the road.

5. baitchunker

baitchunker New Member

State:
    alabama
    i'm mostly sure that LSU can and will make it through, but as pointed out b4 its not gonna be easy.

man right when everybody was doubting my Auburn tigers blam! here we come. kansas st. (who we beat) just upset texas i believe. South Florida (we lost but...) is a top ranked team for the first time in school history. miss state is playing better but, not great. and we OWN FLORIDA.

6. Katfishing Cajun

Katfishing Cajun New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    You just can't count out any S.E.C. team.:big_smile:

7. loanwizard

loanwizard Well-Known Member

State:
    Coshocton,
    It is going to be very difficult for a team to be undefeated this year. USC/CAl will be a great game, and LSU vs any SEC team will be great. Ohio State has a very good chance at being undefeated due to scheduling. I have watching USC, Oklahoma, Florida, and LSU firing on all cylinders and I believe any one of them could beat my Buckeyes today. By the end of the season it may be different. The main difference between the Buckeyes and all the others is our defense. We seem to let a lot go on between the 20s but our red zone defense is stellar. If we get Boeckman on all cylinders we should be ok.

I too wish we had "January Madness" in college football. Man a playoff system of say the top 6 teams would be awesome.

1-6, 2-5, 3-4, then winner of 2-5 vs winner of 3-4 then a championship game.... That would be a thing of beauty.

8. BassMassey

BassMassey Well-Known Member

State:
    Oconee
    I don't even think they should wait until january ......start it off in Dec. with conference championships. Notre Dame would have to join the Big 10 so that we could have an even 12 teams......which they have declined the invitation several times in the past. Then After the Conference champions have been declared they can form a playoff tree out of that......

9. suddawg

suddawg New Member

Oregon is a tough place to play, but USC can win big games in hard to play places (Auburn, AL & Lincoln, NE) I think USC wins that one....however

I think USCs possible loss will be against Cal.

I think LSU will beat everyone in the SEC. Maybe not by a lot, but I think they go undefeated and win the BCS.

The playoff system won't happen for a very very very long time....way too much revenue that goes to the schools for bowl games.

SudDawg

10. baitchunker

baitchunker New Member

State:
    alabama
    shane hit it on the head with that one. there is too much $ going into the bowl games and sponsors of the bowl games right now. eventually they will have to adopt an outright playoff system. but, not until the heavy pockets swing that way.

11. KY King Kat

KY King Kat New Member

State:
    KY
    If you put USC in the SEC, they lose 3 games this year! LSU will lose either this week or next. Thats right, look out for UK!!!
    As for the bowls go. Have the bowls, and then have a 4 team playoff and be done with it...