Hey first time visitor to your site!

Discussion in 'WEST VIRGINIA RIVER TALK' started by mrshadetree0222, Jun 5, 2008.

1. mrshadetree0222

mrshadetree0222 New Member

State:
    Buffalo, WV.
    Hey folks just wanted to say hello, the wifey and i are big catfishermen, and we live in buffalo, wv and fish out of the Kanawha river, via: Buffalo boat ramp. As soon as i learn how to insert some images i will post a few of wifey and i fishing.

2. Jerry60k

Jerry60k New Member

State:
    Chelyan, West V
    Welcome Aboard.Be sure to check out the BOC Library its very useful.

Glad to have another WV guy on here the more the merrier.

3. mrshadetree0222

State:
    Buffalo, WV.
    Jerry60k where did you drag that hog from in your avatar?

4. jdstraka

jdstraka Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Council Bluffs, Iowa
    Name:
    John
    Welcome to the BOC John,:wink: You and the Little Lady have just hit the Jackpot when it comes to fishing Catfish.Great Folks who are willing to share there expertise with fellow catmen. check out the library also and ask any questions you might have and We will get You an answer OK. J.D.

5. mrshadetree0222

State:
    Buffalo, WV.
    Thank you, the wifey and i will appreciate any and all help we can get from here. And hope to meet a many of new fishing friends here!

6. Jerry60k

Jerry60k New Member

State:
    Chelyan, West V
    Got that one and many others from the upper Kan River between Marmet and Kanawha Falls.

Caught around a dozen or more last year in the 30-40 lb range.This year has started slow for me with only 1 28 lb and a few small 3 and 4 lbers.

7. mrshadetree0222

State:
    Buffalo, WV.
    WOW what a catch you have their in you avatar. I pulled out a 18 lber just last weekend, in my wifes new honeyspot. I hate the spot but she loves it, so I had to go back to it. But after dragging my hog out of the water i was very happy! Broke my rod in process of getting it out of the water trying to lift into the boat, but did boat it and scale it! What a catch!

8. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    Welcome to the BOC from your KY neighbor!!! I'm about 20 miles from Huntington. Good Fishing to you all!!!:wink::big_smile:

9. willcat

willcat New Member

State:
    texas
    congrats on joining, you have just made it your site too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10. hunterhnc20

hunterhnc20 New Member

State:
    Buffalo, West V
    Hey John I live in Buffalo too. Ive been out a few times this year. My best this year has been a 23 lber. Been catching alot from 10 to 15 lb. Im still after those 30 and 40 lb cats. Been catching all cats on cut shad. Find the bait and you will caught the fish. No bait no fish move on. We caught 106 lb of cats two weeks again on saturday night.

11. mrshadetree0222

State:
    Buffalo, WV.
    someone tell me where i can find the faqs' for the avatar since mine is not incopliance with boc rules and regs?

12. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY

It was probably where it has to have a pic of you in it. Its all good though, I think we've all been through that at least once!:wink::big_smile:

9. Avatar and Profile Pictures, Signature Rules

The Avatar picture option was created to allow members to visually identify who they are talking to and create an atmosphere of friendship by sharing your personal image, "Your face". This option does create a more favorable environment for all and is strictly voluntary to participate in.

The Avatar picture option will only contain a relatively recent recognizable photo of yourself and will not be abused by placing advertisements, pictures of dogs, cats, cartoons, or other images or other forms of animated media.

The Profile picture can be used to display another photo that you like as long as the picture is in good taste and does not contain advertisements.

The signature section of your profile may contain no more than 4 lines. Signatures which are too long, do not conform with the other rules regarding signatures, or which interfere with the display or readability of messages will be edited or removed.

Here is the link:

http://www.catfish1.com/forums/faq.php?faq=vb_faq#faq_new_faq_rule

13. mrshadetree0222

State:
    Buffalo, WV.
    wife and i have been catching ours on shrimp, and chicken livers! Good eatin for the cats!

14. mrshadetree0222

State:
    Buffalo, WV.
    ty very much for the time to help me get in compliance with the rules! I believe i will just leave pictures out of this thing then cause i dont photo well!( if you know what i mean):tounge_out:

15. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

Hi John! Welcome to the Brotherhood of Catfishermen family. We're glad to have you! Sending out an invite for your wife to join as well. We have quite a few active female participants here at catfish1.com and even a specific sisterhood forum (although that's frequented by the brothers just as much :smile2:). As long as she has a different email addy from yours, there should be no problem getting her signed up. Again, welcome, and enjoy yourself.

16. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    :smile2:.....No way your mug could be worse than mine.:tounge_out:
    Thats why I had to put up the pic with the Young Ol' lady in it. Makes it purtier and easier on my eyes.....:wink::big_smile:

Just put up a pic with the cute little one and you. That way the attention will be diverted from you.....:wink::tounge_out::big_smile:

No problem at all to help out. I'm glad I could be of assistance. You'll find out that there are a bunch of great people that would be glad to help however they can(including me...LOL!) All you gotta do is ask!:cool2::big_smile:

17. littlecat

littlecat New Member

State:
    west virginia
    i fish the locks alot and coal river i just caught a 30# one two nights ago its in my pro pic.

18. mrshadetree0222

State:
    Buffalo, WV.
    Thank you guys, and gals for your help and open arm welcome! Wife is going out of town this weekend so looks like I will have the boat to myself this weekend~thinking of heading way upstream maybe even above gauley bridge. Just not sure yet! Wishin i could get a river report (gauley bridge)before making the 2.5 hr drive!
    Looks like i will be fitting right in with this place seems to be a bunch of great folks around here.

19. mrshadetree0222

State:
    Buffalo, WV.
    My god, man that thing is huge!!!!!!!!!!!!!

20. littlecat

littlecat New Member

State:
    west virginia
    u talking about the fish or my belly :smile2: