hey everyone

Discussion in 'LOCAL TENNESSEE TALK' started by master_cat, Aug 17, 2005.

1. master_cat

master_cat New Member

State:
    tennessee
    any one here in tn catching any fish cause i aint cought nothing

2. flaboy

flaboy New Member

State:
    Wedgefield, SC
    the other nite, I hung into a monster of a catfish, I was fishing off the bank using cut bluegill. things were quiet, suddenly my clicker started slowly clicking, I quickly reached for my pole, flicked it into gear and the fight was on. after seemed like hours, I got him to the bank, just as I reached for him, The alarm went off.
    so off to work I went.
    I can't even catch them in my dreams! :eek:

3. Jamey

Jamey New Member

State:
    Pegram, Tennessee
    I did pretty good on the Cumberland today, upstream from the mouth of the Harpeth. I got there around noon, and caught a 1lb blue, a 4lb channel, an 8lb flathead, and an 18lb blue. These were all caught in the same spot, in about 25'-30' of water, using thawed out skipjack. Definitely the best day I've had this summer.

4. trippyclwn

trippyclwn Member

State:
    Chattanooga, Tn
    Name:
    Tracey
    congrads on the catching jamey im with the other two guys though i couldn't catch a fish at nickajack or anywhere to save my life. if i were supposed to bring fish home for dinner i guess i would hafta pay somebody for em lmao :sad:

5. Cheez

Cheez New Member

State:
    Trion,GA
    Jamey did ya catch them cats outa that kayak?

whatever it takes

Cheez

6. canepole

canepole New Member

State:
    Woodlawn Tennessee
    I can relate to your dream, Yesterday morning I was fishing outta my boat and it was dark suddenly My rod just about goes outta the boat and the fight is on I fight with him and get him close to the boat and then he takes off this goes on for a good while then I finaly get him to the side of the boat and he is Huge I have never seen a flathead this big and he looks to be about six foot long and I try and get him in the boat and he does his dance and I lose my grip and he is gone. Then I wake up. I must admit I love those fishing dreams, But it seems like I always lose the fish :eek:

7. Jamey

Jamey New Member

State:
    Pegram, Tennessee
    LOL Naw cheez, I had enough trouble gettin' the 18lb blue landed in a b@$$ boat! He hit my 1 small rod, directly under the boat (I didn't expect anything on that line, and it was on an Abu5000 w/ 17 lb test mono + Bass rod). He was spoolin' me WAyyy under the boat, but I finally got him within net range. If I would've been in that kayak, I think I would've lost a rod after being rolled under! Drifting w/ 4 rods might present a challenge too... gotta make me some rod holders! And outriggers! :)

8. Cheez

Cheez New Member

State:
    Trion,GA
    Jamie, if you keep the kayak longway to the fish it might be a fun ride. Sideways and you're done. I won't have to worry much about fishing out of a kayak. I wouldn't fit in one unless they made one xxx large with a jumbo hole in it :D

whatever it takes

Cheez