Hey everbody - how's the fishing at Clarks Hill Lake

Discussion in 'LOCAL SOUTH CAROLINA TALK' started by FLAT, Jun 29, 2006.

1. FLAT

FLAT New Member

State:
    SOUTH CAROLINA
    Just wondering if anybody ever fishes clarks hill lake? Are there any big blues or flatheads in this lake? Don't want to know your fishin hole--just what kind of place should I look for and how deep the fish are right now. Are they in the creeks or on the main lake? how about around hester bottoms?Any info would be appreciated.
    Thanks

2. chrisblue

chrisblue New Member

State:
    SC
    Yeah they are in there but they can be tough to find.Hesters bottom is a good area the flatheads seem to like hanging around big rocks theres some pretty big rocks on the bank right at the edge of the channel up near hesters bottom they should be some there.When you throw a live bream, perch or whatever out reel one in in about 15 minutes, if its dead you need to fish shallower.The last time I was down there there was no oxygen below 16 foot it may be different now with all the rain we had.

3. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    I went there last week for stripers and four us limited out by 10:30am.

As for cats, I am not sure. There are some good flatheads in there according to the guy we fished with, and judging from the structure, there should be. We were in 60 feet of water and there were standing trees along the old channel edge that were 30 feet tall.