Hey Deltalover - Any decent areas to fish for Crappie or Bluegill?

Discussion in 'Crappie Fishing' started by Mutt, Feb 16, 2006.

1. Mutt

Mutt Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    Ca
    Name:
    Mutt
    Hey Phil are there any decent areas in your area to fish for crappie or bluegills? Wife and I are thinking of taking the boat out monday and we both kinda want to go for some panfish so any info would be great. Thanks

2. Deltalover

Deltalover New Member

State:
    Tracy Calif
    I will probably be out at 8 mile road, at the island. There are 3 launch ramps! And alot of river! I know there are people lined up at the bridge there, fishing for panfish, but I dont know any specific spots for crappie other then my walk in spot. That is in "sugar cut slough"! I imagin you could get there from the "oais marina" on grimes road. I will have to check my map! I will probably go out there this evening or tomorrow and let you know how I do! Live minnows do the trick! "Whiskey slough" is another good spot and plenty of crappie action there most of the time, but again I havent heard any specific reports!

3. Mutt

State:
    Ca
    Name:
    Mutt
    Okie Dokie cool well if it aint to bad I guess ill be somewheres around fishing monday. Thanks for the info.

4. Deltalover

Deltalover New Member

State:
    Tracy Calif
    Mutt, I will be glad to show you any of the spots! Give me a call!

5. Mutt

State:
    Ca
    Name:
    Mutt
    Okie Dokie Phil I will talk to the wife and then give you a call.

6. Mutt

State:
    Ca
    Name:
    Mutt
    Well a lot of it is now dependant on the weather. Soo we shall see what happens I am really wanting to go fishing lol.

7. Mutt

State:
    Ca
    Name:
    Mutt
    Hey Phil I tried to call you didnt get a answer so hopefully you will see this. The wife and I are going to go fishing tomorrow and had a few questions to ask you let me know when your home so I can call you thanks.

8. Deltalover

Deltalover New Member

State:
    Tracy Calif
    I am home! I went fishing yesterday! I went to sugar cut. I used live minnows and night crawlers. I hung into something with some weight, but lost him do to stupidity! I always loosen my drag all the way. This time I forgot to readjust it. Something took my minnow and I tried to reel in (kahle hook) and by the time I figured what happen, it was gone!:sad: I caught one small cat and no crappie! It was very cold. I should have went saturday! Anyway I am around. Give me a call!

9. Mutt

State:
    Ca
    Name:
    Mutt
    Okie Dokie hey one real fast one what is the water level like at mossdale ramp is the ramp even open still? Last time I was there it was tore up.

10. Deltalover

Deltalover New Member

State:
    Tracy Calif
    I almost went to mossdale! I heard the stripers were hitting there! I am sure the ramp is fine! In the event it's not, you can go up 5 about 5 miles and launch at "dos reis"!

11. Deltalover

Deltalover New Member

State:
    Tracy Calif
    Mutt, go to boc chat!