Hey Charlie

Discussion in 'LOCAL KANSAS TALK' started by KansasKatter, Jun 30, 2007.

1. KansasKatter

KansasKatter New Member

State:
    Wichita Kansas
    Hey Charlie, what have you been up to? Been fishing any this year between floods?:crazy:

2. center12

center12 New Member

State:
    KS
    Jeff, sorry it took so long to post up. Lifes been good but moving way to fast, son started playing baseball in a more competitive league and that's about all we've been doing..............watching games or practices. Have only fished the river once this season, either to much crap coming down the river or they drop it and the boatramps are covered with a foot of mud. Drifting the lakes has started to pick up around here(spawn is winding down), nice to catch some fish. Also have been in the process of turning my little 16' glastron bowrider into a catfishing boat, she does much better in the open water than the Xpress. Put new stringers and a floor in it a couple of weeks ago..........I'm not much when it comes to fiberglassing:confused2:.

You going to have things squared up enough by fall to get back Toronto way? Would really enjoy another trip down that way, especially if we could stay dry.:smile2:

3. KansasKatter

KansasKatter New Member

State:
    Wichita Kansas
    Ahhh those were the days. I remember summers like that. From the time I was about 10 until I was 19 I played American Legion baseball in one city or the other. That meant playing about 75 games every summer by the time you got through the state tournament and all stars.

One thing I remember though, and your son will too someday, my parents were at ALMOST every game, probably 99% of the games over a ten year period. Didn't matter what town, city or state they were in, they were always there, along with my Grandpa. Dad also went to most practices, even when I was old enough to drive myself, he would still show up, lurking around watching. It used to really bother me back then, mainly because of the butt chewing I would get if I did not perform up to the usual standards. But I look back now and appreciate him being there for every game, because I know now what it meant to him, and how much better it made me.

I am ready to go to Toronto, any time it quits raining. I looked in the paper last week and it is like 19' above normal. I am definately up for a trip this fall for sure, hopefully I will be winding down on the house by then, and will be due for some relaxation and flathead fishing.:eek:oooh: