Hey Charlie, or anyone else for that matter..

Discussion in 'LOCAL KANSAS TALK' started by KansasKatter, Sep 1, 2006.

1. KansasKatter

KansasKatter New Member

State:
    Wichita Kansas
    Hey Charlie, I have a 31' travel trailer that we are pulling to Toronto this weekend. My friend offered me his Bass Buggy 2 man boat for the weekend. It is 10' long, on a small 8' trailer. Would you feel safe pulling it behind the travel trailer? Tounge weight is only about 50 or 60 lbs, and total weight is maybe 350. There is a reiciever for a bike rack on the TT, with a 150# limit on it. I would think it should be OK?

Anyone else have an opinion or advice?

Thanks

2. center12

center12 New Member

State:
    KS
    Is the TT a 5th wheel or a bumper pull?? Might want to check into this, but I heard you could pull an additional trailer if it's behind a 5th wheel but not a bumper pull. I'd call the DMV and see whats legal first...........a traffic ticket can ruin a weekend.

I wouldn't have a problem with it as long as it's legal and I didn't have to back that mess:big_smile:.

3. KansasKatter

KansasKatter New Member

State:
    Wichita Kansas
    NO BACKING!! I can barely back one trailer at a time. It is a bumper pull, and Kansas is OK, as long as you are under 65'. I called a buddy of mine who is highway patrol, he says it would take a real butthead to give me a ticket, of course there are none of them on the force!! :roll_eyes:

His only concern were lights on the small trailer, but it is so small, short and narrow, that the camper lights are plainly visible around the small trailer.

My big nightmare is a wreck on the highway somewhere and they are making everyone turn around, or back up........God would that be embarassing!! :embarassed:

4. Calvin

Calvin New Member

State:
    Kansas
    You're probably already at Toronto Jeff. But I wouldn't worry about it. The worst that might happen is that you will have to unhook the trailer and turn it by hand and re-hitch it after you turn the big one around. I'm guessing you can surely handle a little eight foot trailer by hand. Good luck.