Hey Charlie, I accidently bought a boat!

Discussion in 'LOCAL KANSAS TALK' started by KansasKatter, Sep 25, 2006.

1. KansasKatter

KansasKatter New Member

State:
    Wichita Kansas
    Hey Charlie,

I put a bid on a boat on EBAY, thinking there was no way I would win it, and I did. Now I have to go pick it up this weekend. Got a '86 Lowe, 16wide model. It comes with trailer, 25hp Merc tiller, trolling motor, two batteries, 5 life jackets, some other misc stuff. I think it was a pretty good deal, I guess we'll see when I go pick it up.

Wife was a little miffed as I did not tell her I put a bid on it until I won it. OOPS!! Like you said the camper sleeps pretty good! :crazy:

2. center12

center12 New Member

State:
    KS
    Wives forgive, but they never forget!! Good luck to ya:big_smile:

Sound like that should get you all out on the water in style, think you will really enjoy that critter. Now you have the dilemma that I'm going to have.......boat, camper............camper, boat............Oh what to take??????

Supposed to pick up new rig tomorrow evening, where you have to go to get yours?? Hope it's at least half way close.

Do eveyone a favor, if ya would, let Dutchbag drive the boat......hehehe.

3. Calvin

Calvin New Member

State:
    Kansas
    That's great news Jeff. Where do you go to pick it up? Charlie's right about wives and their memory. Sherry still occassionally reminds me of the 10' jon boat I bought almost 40 years ago that I had told her would be the only boat I'd ever need. Now I just need to convince her to let me have that 25 HP four stroke lilke Charlie's. I haven't accomplished that task yet and it probably really will be the last motor I ever need.

4. gcarlin

gcarlin New Member

State:
    Richmond ,Indiana
    Better Get Wife Some Roses To Make Up To Her. Hope The Boat Turns Out To Be A Good Deal.

5. KansasKatter

KansasKatter New Member

State:
    Wichita Kansas
    Charlie, not very close, in fact, not close at all! Hanibal MO! Nice little road trip.

Calvin, Whichita Marine had a 16' Alumacraft with a 2002 model 25hp four stroke. Was only asking $2595 for the whole rig. They sold it on Friday, I saw it on the website today and called about it. Missed out on that one!