Hey Campers - New Forum!

Discussion in 'Camping Talk' started by Itch2Scratch, Jan 7, 2007.

1. Itch2Scratch

Itch2Scratch New Member

State:
    Ivy Bend on LOZ, Missouri
    :0a34: :0a25: Hey campers, Catfish Commando has added a new forum just for you!:big_smile: We realize whether its going to a Gathering, camped along a river, lake, or hunting in the woods that there is information that can be shared by all. Please utilize this forum to discuss the proper way to set up a camp, best camping gear or whatever.:0a24: :0a26:

2. alands94

alands94 Active Member

State:
    Lebanon, I
    Great idea! I was just thinking the same thing...

3. Itch2Scratch

Itch2Scratch New Member

State:
    Ivy Bend on LOZ, Missouri
    I think its a good idea also but as with all forums it depends on usage.:wink: Post away folks!:big_smile:

4. whitewhiskers

whitewhiskers New Member

State:
    Evansville, Ind
    hey thats great! i live in my camper for months on end. as some of you know im a travelin welder n millwright. whenever i get a call for a job first thing i do is check HERE! n see who lives or fishes in that area.(i have been known to refuse a job because there is no fishin). next i'll do a search on the local everything from campsite or marina's to the crime rate. i even do a arial photo search for them just to get an idea on whats goin on there. and where to fish. as far as settin up a camp the first thing i've learned is to make sure the elec. cord will reach before you unhook n set up!:big_smile:

5. LiquidSteel

LiquidSteel New Member

State:
    La Vista N
    Another excellent place to get information from.

Thanks!!!!

Kenny

6. gilmafam

gilmafam Well-Known Member

State:
    California
    I was born camping with my folks. (not really) Been there.. done that.... Camped just laying there, in sleeping bag, in tent trailers, 55 ford 2door, VW sedan, Mini van, back of truck,tents with and without air mattresses, slept in snow caves, tents on the snow, camped in my 12' vee bottom, 16' Bayrunner, but now I'm older and wiser and use the RV. I've got pole holders at the back, racks inside for about 12 poles, and another rack by the front door so that when you walk in the the poles dosen't squeel and scratch the paint.
    I put back up lights on the back/top of the RV that will illuminate back where the boat is going into the water.
    I also have a computer inside so that I can print out the pictures of the folks that are camping when I'm with them. I have a wind break that is easily assembled to keep the chilling wind from comming in while sitting around a camp fire. So you can see that I have done some of this camping thing, and so I will be part of this new thread... I'm sure that many of you are also not "tender feet" when it comes to camping... Looking forward to the posts.

bayrunner ray

7. Cheryl

Cheryl Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    Great idea! Thanks!

About all the campin' I did this summer was to put the tent up and leave it for about 4 months in my Mom's yard. Oh yes, I did weather proof it, and believe me, it is weather proofed. We had a lot of storms when it was up and it stayed completely dry. Now I have to do the small one this spring.

Take care.
    Cheryl

8. punkin570

punkin570 New Member

State:
    MS
    thanks for the campin forum....great idea....i know i'll keep readin it, so ready for it to warm up a lil, i wanna go really bad soon...but not in cold weather. lookin forward to other stories, comments and problem/solutions.

9. Bubbakat

Bubbakat New Member

State:
    McMinnvill
    You want to keep at least 4 of those cheap 6x8 tarps. They come in handy for several things. Plenty of small rope a good ax and hatchet.

10. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    This is a great idea. It will be great to see everybodys input. How they plan, setup, stockup and finallly tare down. Also how they overcome all the thing they forgot to bring.Thanks BOC.

11. r ward

r ward New Member

State:
    Kathleen G
    Another great idea from the boss cause most all of us who attend the gatherings either have or do camp in some form or another Thanks BOC

12. Veets

Veets Member

State:
    Illinois
    Count me in. I love camping. Haven't done as much as I would like but I'm trying to do a little more every year. Always interested in the different ways people set up their campsites, especially the ones that do a lot of it.

13. LiquidSteel

LiquidSteel New Member

State:
    La Vista N

Last year my son and daughter helped me get the fishing bug back under my skin. And then I found the BOC! I was sooooooooo addicted after that. Then, a good buddy of mine at work, who has suffered a horrible back injury, got me to help him go camping with him. I cant get enough of either. Dont get me wrong, I love air conditioning in the summer time and all the amenities that go with hot weather, but if someone wants to go camping and fishing, well, Im ready willing and able!

Kenny

14. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    We tried tent camping a few times in the 60's and in the early 70's bought a Starcraft tent popup camper. I carried my 14 ft V bottom aluminum boat on top. Carried a 15 HP Evinrude motor in the back of our 68 Pontiac. We camped mostly on the high lakes in Colorado and some in TX and New Mexico. In 88 bought a new 32 ft Pace Arrow motorhome. Gave the old Starcraft camper to the kids, they used it for several years and then they sold it for more than half what we gave for. We used the motorhome most of the time after I retired in 89 but then after 6 years found this lake lot, built a home and gave up camping. We miss camping and the motorhome but will never go back.

15. cowboyjim3

cowboyjim3 New Member

State:
    texas
    awsome addition

16. coach

coach New Member

State:
    Greenville , Ms
    one thing i learned about camping back in the mid 70s.......... a small generator , a fan , and an extension cord are the number one items not to leave home ........................:lol:

17. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    Steve, that was the reason we did most of our camping back then at the higher elevations... didn't need any extra cooling for sure. :smile2:

18. r ward

r ward New Member

State:
    Kathleen G
    As I said earlier I enjoy camping but as of now I still enjoy the tent type cause I can set up and just leave the net over the top on a pretty night and listen to the woods band playing all night long then watch a ceiling show that only God can display so as long as I can get in and out of my tent that is what I call camping

19. Believer

Believer New Member

State:
    Greenwood, AR.
    This should be a great forum. My family and I love camping! :big_smile:

20. jerry9497

jerry9497 New Member

State:
    Tobaccoville NC
    I camp often and have for a long time. Been waiting on something like this. I have some questions. I moved here from Ga. to NC something different here is campers are set up and then decks built on, roof over top. well/septic. I have had a hard time finding campgrounds that you can come and go from. other than state parks. I like the deck part and all but what about us that tow ours around? not many choices. I have 37' 5th wheel so that cuts me out of some. alot of campgrounds to packed to pull much more than 20' or so. in Ga I could show up a few days early on holiday weekend and pick a waterfront spot. couldnt reserve it had to be there if you want it. think thats better system or atleast should be place like that. I camped at Philpott lake last spring. its in the mountains. was trying to take a tight down hill turn and almost jack knifed. We were at Tamarac Marina during the gathering but didnt know BOC was having it. Camped next to "Cattledogz" I have Toy hauler and we camp at lakes, Nascar races, Bike Rallys Where do you go?
    I pull with a 03 duramax 15 mpg. what about you? My truck Gross Vehicle weight is at full capacity when towing. what on my truck will wear out first? suspention? axels? engine?