Hey cabelas Super buy check it out.....You will save a ton of money

Discussion in 'LOCAL SOUTH CAROLINA TALK' started by SCcatfishing, Nov 30, 2009.

1. SCcatfishing

SCcatfishing New Member

State:
    SC
    http://www.cabelas.com/p-0046249019237a.shtml

I got the fishing hotspots map with monty and every bit of water in sc on it for 69.99....

The lowrance web site is back order is 3-4 weeks so if you want one cheap and now... Jump on this deal......:wink:

2. martygreen

martygreen Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Rock Hill,S.C.
    David I may be wrong on this and someone correct me if I am cause I would like to know myself.I am gonna get me a Lowrance unit to go along with my Garmin so that is the reason that I would like to know to save me some trouble
    Anyway the point I was gonna make is,I dont think the enhanced portion of the maps are as detailed as the Fishing Hot Spots in the bold are in the listings of the lakes.Monty and the others on the right will not have as much details like contour lines,road beds,submerged ponds marker bouys etc.If you notice most in the left hand column are major lakes and the right smaller lakes.That is just the way my Garmin card is,it has detailed lakes{Monty,Wylie}and so forth but lake like Wateree is only enhanced which is not much above minimal.
    Just thought I would throw that out there,I am interested to see the respomce from guys who have the card.I know Jeffs 09 card for Monty is not detailed and it is a Lowrance unit.
    If it does turn out that it is though that would be a great buy.:wink:

Last edited: Nov 30, 2009

3. SCcatfishing

SCcatfishing New Member

State:
    SC
    I talked to LEI which makes the card today, they called Lowrance three way... I was told that all the enhanced maps will at least have map contour on them... which is half the battle...

Lowrance introduces a new series of lake maps bringing a new level of detail to inland lakes for the benefit of boaters and fishermen. Enhanced Lake Maps are based on data with 4 times the resolution of previous data. Shorelines show more features, including small inlets, and look just like the actual shorelines, not angular or generalized. Small islands are now included and bottom structure, including river and creek channels in reservoirs, can also be seen. Underwater features on man-made lakes reflect conditions prior to inundation of the lake. Best of all, these lake maps now show depth contours - with each contour labeled with its actual depth.
    Select Enhanced Lake Maps will be available for free download. If combined with a FreedomMap™ or MapCreate™ map, the Enhanced Lake Map will seamlessly replace the existing lake data with the new higher resolution data. Just add it to your memory card*.
    Note: Be careful not to exceed the memory limit of your digital memory card.
    Select Enhanced Lake Maps will also include submerged structures (those maps marked below with a red asterisk *). Submerged structures generally include river and creek channels, ponds, streams, roads, foundations, railroads, pipelines, oil and gas wells, etc.
    New maps will be added periodically, so check back often. If you do not find a lake here, please check the Fishing Hot Spots® Pro page for many more lake maps, along with added feature

4. SCcatfishing

SCcatfishing New Member

State:
    SC
    When I met up with Larry on Monty his buddy had this card which I thought it worked well on his unit....It showed the old creek channels and also showed flats ect...

5. bruce edmunds

bruce edmunds New Member

State:
    southcarolina
    you are right marty, monty and the others are not detailed at all,but if you are going to buy a new hd unit from lowrance,get it with the lake insight mapping ,monty is very detailed ,as is the others

6. SCcatfishing

SCcatfishing New Member

State:
    SC
    Don't know why I even try I'm always wrong. Hey it's still 100 bucks cheaper than the navi card and is 50 bucks cheaper than LEI/Lowrance site. All I know is what I was told from the company that makes it and they must of lied to me just to get me to buy it... Also since I'm from TN when I looked at larry's buddy's map I must have thought that the smugs on the screen was detail....opps sorry

7. martygreen

State:
    Rock Hill,S.C.
    Thanks Bruce thats what I was thinking.It will probably only show up as blue water with few details like your old card did with Wateree did.Jeffs was the same way,my enhanced Wateree map on my Garmin card only shows various depths,no contour lines or river channel but it does have hazrd and marker bouys,now the Monty map is very detailed with all the road beds,creek beds,ponds etc.Wylie is the same way.Mine is the Inland Lakes Southeast 09 card.
    If I get a new Lowrance I will go with the HD and Lake Insight maps more than likely.Thanks.

8. martygreen

State:
    Rock Hill,S.C.
    David that is still a good buy,I would check it out and see what it has,It may be enough to satisfy you and your needs.I wasnt trying to hijack your thread or anything,really just didnt want you to be disappointed when you got it and I was very interested to know which was detailed also.I just know what I seen on my 09 Garmin card compared to Jeffs and Bruces 09 Lowrance cards.Good luck with it,let know how it works or if you find one that does offer it.:wink:

9. gotta go

gotta go New Member

State:
    SC
    Marty i'm glad ya guys brought this up. I'm wanting a new one in the near future and didn't even realize they had all these features:tounge_out: I had been out of fishn for a few yrs and thought i still had modern electronics:smile2: Oh well, mine still works but i sure would love to see all the stuff ya guys can see.
    Mine will mark a spot and get me in and out, i guess thats good enough for now. :big_smile:

10. SCcatfishing

SCcatfishing New Member

State:
    SC
    If you get a new fish finder... The card I got IS the same preloaded information that is on the hd Lowrance (I called Lowrance) with lake map insight...I went to west marine just to make sure I wasn't giving wrong information and plugged up my fish finder then compared to the hd 7 with mappin insight to my card and wow hmmmmm the same information....:wink: