Hey Buddy, wanna buy some hot..............

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by postbeetle, May 7, 2009.

1. postbeetle

postbeetle New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Hey Buddy, wanna buy some hot deer horns?

Neighbor came over last night about dark. PO'd (which is his normal self) and drinking. Had a 44 magnum in his belt. Nice gun, pretty.

Anyhow, he had just found he had two deer skulls and racks stolen the night before. Air dried and ant cleaned up they were real pretty. Had gotten them off my place over a coupla years. They were chained to the shed. One chain had been cut, the other chain they had unscrewed the nut off the bolt.

They didn't bother his shed with a coupla thousand dollars worth of chain saws, lawn mowers and tools.

Guarantee ya they won't get past that 44 magnum next time.

Now why in the He## would somebody steal a coupla useless deer racks only good for mouse calcium? Anybody had this kind of thing happen?

Other than this I have had one instance that I know of here. A fella had an old hay rack in his driveway where he piled sheds, and racks, kinda a decoration. Somebody stopped and snatched the whole bunch. That is nuts. Are they worth that kind of money to get shot for?

2. bnewsom71

bnewsom71 New Member

State:
    Mathervill
    To me....No! To some of the complete a-holes out there.....yep! And sorry to hear that about your neighbor. That really sucks. I know I would be pretty upset if something happened to the ones I have on the wall. They are priceless to me. An actual dollar value to others.

3. Rohaus

Rohaus Well-Known Member

State:
    Vilonia Ar
    You just never know!There are all kinds of idiots out there.

4. Mac-b

Mac-b Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    North Caro
    Hey you, yeah people will steal any and everything. When the wife and myself were still working stiffs and only came down on weekends someone stole my 1.5 HP pump at the dock that I use for irrigation. Then in the early part of 2000, someone or more than one enter my boat which was covered and stole $1,200 worth of stuff out of my boat, such as two swivel seats, three batteries, my catfish tackle box, small rod and reels that I use to catch bait, one large landing net and one small one, plus some other stuff.

Now when I have old batteries that are no longer good, I place them at the end of the dock and within a month or so, they will be gone.

The other week, one of my neighbors informed me that someone stole a picnic table and four chairs off of his dock. Chit like that goes on everywhere, but, I'm like you, I can't understand some of the things they steal, like deer antlers, why?

5. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    That is a sad deal. I expect the 44 Mag is the only thing they will understand. Nothing is safe anymore. It is only going to get worse.

6. Jacksmooth

Jacksmooth Member

State:
    West Virginia
    Probably someone wanted to make some smoke pipes. Deer antlers work good for a smoke pipe. That sucks though. I feel for him. I hate when people steal from me.

7. whiteriverbigcats

whiteriverbigcats New Member

State:
    Indiana
    sounds to me someones either has something against him, or it was PETA and they thought he had chained the deer up there until they died and decayed and they wanted to give them a proper burial.. LOL:wink::smile2:

8. CuzICan

CuzICan New Member

State:
    Fayetteville, A
    You can make ALL kinds of things out of racks, chandeliers, table lamps, silverware handles, knife handles, I've seen coffee tables made where the horns were the "legs".

http://www.meadowcreekantlers.com/products.htm

http://www.antlerfurniture.net/tables.htm

there's actually alot you can do with them. Now the skull I don't know about, but I guess a little creativity and you can figure something out.

They are still sorry for taking them thoughno matter what they did with em :/ just wanted them. :/ for no reason at all. :sad2:

9. Dirtdobber

Dirtdobber Guest Staff Member

State:
    Vian Okla
    I make ink pens and perfume pens out of the antlers. A round here the druggies will steal they to grind up to make their dope go futher.

10. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Theres money to be made from anything,Just look on E-BAY,look in the hunting /taxidermy section,Lots of antlers for sale for big $:wink:

11. bnewsom71

bnewsom71 New Member

State:
    Mathervill
    What the he!!! :eek:oooh::confused2:

12. Dirtdobber

Dirtdobber Guest Staff Member

State:
    Vian Okla
    When Okla. made it hard to buy the stuff to make meth, some idiot got the idea the grind up deer antlers and mix it in with the meth just before it is finished. Makes more volume to sell to the smokers. makes they go more crazy than they already are.

Around here you don't leave antlers out or they will be gone. On all the road killed bucks a meth head wiil knock the antlers off with a hammer or tire tool.

13. bnewsom71

bnewsom71 New Member

State:
    Mathervill
    Unbelievable....Sorta, I guess. :eek:oooh: Those freakin' losers will do anything for a high.

14. smokey

smokey New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    with all of the ship they put in meth a deer horn doesnt sound half bad.
    smokey

15. Boomer

Boomer New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    A few years back, my brother had his bass boat stolen. They took it out to the lake, guess they couldnt get it started, they stripped it, even tried to take the motor. LOL they dont know my brother, if he had been home when they were helping themselves to his boat, the obits in the newspaper would have reflected these idiots short lives.

I think things are only going to get worse with the economy, that is why I invest in 2 English Mastiff pups, me being over here and my wife is afraid of guns (4 kids at the house)....if someone want to walk in on 400-500 lbs of dog, then they deserve what they can carry out....:smile2:

16. Boomer

Boomer New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I think it has something to do with rutting....:smile2:

17. Flatheadhunter33

Flatheadhunter33 New Member

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    Thats too bad...some folks are just plain old good for nothing thieves...

18. FLATHEAD STEVE

FLATHEAD STEVE New Member

State:
    DESMOINES IOWA

Sounds like you have some experience with the matter at hand :confused2: LOL!!!

Just shoot em!!!! nobody will miss a thief!!!..... Might even make good cut bait LOL! If a part of them is still twitching you might even catch a flathead! LOL! Wait a minute! that is twisted! disregard the last few sentences LMAO!!

19. tnvol

tnvol New Member

State:
    Clarksvill
    Rig those suckers up with a flash pot and see if they try to steal anything else from your property. lol :crazy:

20. kat in the hat

kat in the hat New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Found out recently that around here, there are folks that stop by farms, and offer to buy the farmer's antler collections, and they are sold to China...replicas are made, and then they are made into ornaments, light fixtures, etc. Is it possible that he opted not to sell his, and these folks just came back and stole them? There is a market for the antlers.