Hey brother, can ya spare something to eat:

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by postbeetle, Feb 21, 2008.

1. postbeetle

postbeetle New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Knew it was coming. Just waiting to be seen. So much snow, can't get out into the timber and look around like I like to do, so can't keep a mental image of what's happening as I usually do.

We are at 60 inches now. All time record 70 inches. Most of this over two different layers of ice. Deer tracks actually in my barn. This with two dogs who run them off the arborvitaes and spruce and pines in the house yard every night.

Dog brought up the first deer carcass I have seen this morning. Small yearling. Starved to death from what my observations show without getting out my postmortem knife. Have watched them from a distance the last two months. Getting thinner and eating things they don't normally eat. Actually saw them at a round bale of cornstalks two nights ago. They just do not do that. That don't count the turkeys, the rabbits and the squirrels that are croaking.

Spring can't come too soon for these critters. Maybe I can find Al Gore and see if he wants to bring in a load of corn for these guys or start a Govt. program with your tax dollars to get them through the rest of the winter.

Global warming my rear end.

2. skawez

skawez Member

State:
    Hickman, Ne
    Name:
    Steve
    global warming is just a bunch of bull that one side started to sell more new products that wont destroy this or that. as for the the animals.. normally it would bother me but with the CWD moving in thinning out the "herds" id just a soon they have another season to thin things out im not much on letting animals suffer but sometimes thats how nature takes care of itself.

3. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    PETA thinks people that hunt and fish are cruel, Theres nothing more cruel that what mother nature can dish out. Nothing worse than a slow death by starvation. Beetle when you going to move to Arkansas :wink::smile2:, and get away from that cold CcRrAaApPpPpPP:smile2:.

4. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Well now ,Hey John . Nice to see ya posting on other forums lately. I hear ya. Winter can be harsh ,and crueler than any bullet

5. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    John, thanks for the post as much as i hated to read it. It's been a rough winter an we didn't have the mass crop we usually get. Haven't seen anything starve yet but we ain't got 60" of snow either.I pray that winter will end soon and things take an easier turn.

6. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    tell that to greenland that has lost as much mass as all states east of mississippi river over past several years. and we have had a 1/2 dozen smowstorms this winter. all were gone within a week. when i was a little tyke i played in the same snowdrifts for weeks at a time and snowmobiled on a daily basis. now ya better go the day its snowing or ya miss out.

and record breaking tornadoes have revaged the us in febuary,lol. any how enough of the tech talk.

we got 3-4 " in past two days. not blistering cold like the wave a week ago but i like the snow.

but it will be 90 in 3 weeks so enjoy it,lol.

7. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    id rather my tax dollars go to your starving animals than dumping it overseas.:angry:

8. derbycitycatman

derbycitycatman Well-Known Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Heck here in KY I was seeing trees blooming in mid January. 30-40 degree swings in temperature seem to be normal. You and your govt programs.:wink: