Hey Bigfish!

Discussion in 'LOCAL WEST VIRGINIA TALK' started by DANZIG, Apr 3, 2006.

1. DANZIG

DANZIG New Member

State:
    West Virginia
    Just caught your post in the "Chair in boat" thread...

"hey danzig welcome aboard i see this is your first post. also i see your from wv, what part.

Sorry, I was not trying to be rude... There are just so many posts on this board that it is hard to keep up.

I am out of Ona,WV but do get up to Dunbar on Biz. every little bit.
    I mostly fish Beechfork Lake, Gyandotte, Mud, and Ohio Rivers just because they are handy.

2. bigfish

bigfish New Member

State:
    Dunbar WV.
    hey i was about to send out an all points search for ya then i saw you finally made a few posts. not sure but aint gyandotte around pt pleasant. what part of the ohio? anywhere near gallapolis? good to have you aboard.

3. DANZIG

DANZIG New Member

State:
    West Virginia
    G'dotte is..well, alot of places, but I fish it from Saltrock to the Ohio R.. Mostly on the stretch from Barboursville to the Ohio in Huntington. Pt.Pleasant has the Kanawha at the Ohio.
    The float from Saltrock to B'ville is one of my favorites for my little Jon boat, 'bout 9 hours if you don't spend to much time in the holes.
    Last friday I caught 2 nice Channels,(4 and 5) many small Stripers and a couple of nice size Drum(Perch) at the mouth of the Mud R. on the G'dotte R. at B'ville. I was really just killing some time before meeting a Buddy and was not expecting the Cats.. Generally, they have not moved that far up river this earlly in the spring.

I get up to the Gallipolis (RC Byrd) locks every little bit but mostly fish from Huntington up to Greenbottom.
    I drove by "Huck Finns" boat dock up your way on rt25 today, the river looked good. Are you catching any?
    Thanks for the welcome!

4. bigfish

bigfish New Member

State:
    Dunbar WV.
    well weve been out 4 times so far this year. the first time was mainly so i could see if my boat had any leaks, only threw a few lures [nothing]. second trip out we tried our striper, flathead hole [nothin]. third trip at the flathead hole my buddy ducain landed a little 5# flat wich realy suprise us since the water temp was only about 49*. fourth trip ducain landed 2 nice little ba$$ and a 4# channel. i told him if he skunked me one more time i was lookin for another fishin buddy.:) well huntington isnt that far from charleston maybe we can wet a line together some time.

5. grunt11b

grunt11b New Member

He said "Wet a line".

6. grunt11b

grunt11b New Member

Don't forget me dudes, I'm out of crosslanes and love the catfichen around here.:)