Hey any of yall ever go grabblin (noodlin')

Discussion in 'Alternative Methods of Catching Catfish' started by Catfish Jaw, Jan 2, 2009.

1. Catfish Jaw

Catfish Jaw New Member

State:
    Mississippi
    Have yall?

2. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Nope! Too scared, and I would rather get em on rod and reel!:roll_eyes::cool2: :wink: rollo

3. Catfish Jaw

Catfish Jaw New Member

State:
    Mississippi
    I wanna try

4. john catfish young

john catfish young New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    No noodling for me....I enjoy the rod & reel too much to try anything else!:wink:

5. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    Nope not me.Only thing i want to stick in a fishes mouth is a HOOK.Want to keep my arm.

6. JUGGINxx01

JUGGINxx01 New Member

State:
    alabama
    YEAH! Noodlin' is fun the 1st time i tried it i was hooked. the very 1st time it was me, my dad and uncles went and done it we caught about 10 nice size cats. I haven't done it in awhile but about 2 years ago me and my buddy when and i got a hold of a 50lb cat it took both of us to get it up. I plan to do it again this spring. Once u go you'll get hooked. If you ever get to go becareful!

7. catfisherman369

catfisherman369 Floyd

State:
    Nashville Il.
    I always thought it would be fun but i cant stop thinking of that big snapper being in the hole snatching one of my fingers .

8. CatMan(Cali)

CatMan(Cali) Well-Known Member

State:
    Fresno Californ
    Don't think I would do it. It sounds cool, but sounds risky too. I want to battle the cats on my turf not theirs. I will stick to rod & reel.

Sean!

9. Wilbur T.

Wilbur T. New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Every weekend in June, and the first two or three in July. I love it.

10. alpal16

alpal16 New Member

State:
    Philly, PA
    That has always been my fear as well...I can't understand how people are able to avoid them. If my luck with big cats is any indication, I am sure I would get a snapper:wink:

11. fcrnnngbck25

fcrnnngbck25 New Member

State:
    Lafayette, Indi
    I'm to big of a puss to try it. I've had a few 20lb flattys grab hold of my hand when catchin them rod and reel to not like it already:wink:

12. lendog

lendog New Member

State:
    berks, PA
    i like my fingers too much, my luck i reach in a muskrat hole or snapper or water snake hole, no thanks:crazy:

13. spencerg

spencerg New Member

State:
    oglesby texas
    Not me. But personally i don't care for that method of "fishing". Personally I think it hurts our fisheries because those fish are in those holes for a reason, BREEDING. If you take a fish off a nest then the chances of those eggs making it, greatly reduces. If i can't catch it on a hook i don't need it.

14. azuredge

azuredge New Member

State:
    NY
    I am not sure I would honestly want to try it. I am thinking the way my luck runs that I would not get bitten by turtle or snake, but infact I would get a catfish who was big enough to throw me off balance and drag me down to his hole in the water and have plenty of lunches to feast upon from my waterlogged carcass. But I seriously have always wondered, once you have the fish on your arm what do you grab onto to hold it? Do you grab his liver or what? Which leads me to wonder, do I really want to grab a catfish liver that is currently in use? I am going out on a limb here, but I am thinking the catfish would have an adverse reaction to my grabbing onto his liver as he might not see the humor in such actions.
    -Paul-

15. tackleholic

tackleholic New Member

State:
    New Albany
    I've got an small army of rods & reels. Turtles loves nightcrawlers & knows how to get caught on a hook just the same as fish.:wink:

16. centexcop

centexcop New Member

State:
    Texas
    Not no, but He$$ no. I'd be too afraid that there would be a snake in there. If i pulled back a water moccasin, it would be all over for me! I freak out when I see a snake on TV.