hey all

Discussion in 'LOCAL ILLINOIS TALK' started by riverrat85, Jan 22, 2008.

1. riverrat85

riverrat85 New Member

State:
    Ruma, Illinois
    With waterfowl season coming to a near end, im starting to gear up for catseason lol Been a good winter with the ducks now lets smash some cats. Was wonderin if anyone in the local area would like to get together sometime soon to hit the blues at baldwin. Wont be out until 2nd week in feb or 3rd week. let me know what you all think.

2. alands94

alands94 Active Member

State:
    Lebanon, I
    Count me in. Brian (bwhupp) will take care of catching our bait so we can focus on catching some big blues! Hey - do you still have the same boat you took to Rend? I believe it was about a 16 footer with an 18 horse motor?

3. riverrat85

riverrat85 New Member

State:
    Ruma, Illinois
    yeah arron i do have the same boat. 16 foot polar kraft with a 18 horse outboard.

4. catinaldatime

catinaldatime New Member

State:
    Girard, IL
    my fishing partner and i like to fish baldwin,we will try to see ya down there around that time....peace

5. TEAM CATTER

TEAM CATTER New Member

State:
    COLUMBIA,IL
    count me in and i can do a little help to get on fish.

6. big-muddy

big-muddy New Member

State:
    norfolk, va
    hey, good to see ya. im down for a trip to baldwin. just let me know when.

7. Dan the Fisherman

Dan the Fisherman New Member

State:
    Ramsey, Illinois
    I could use the feel of a good blue. If at all possible, I'll make the trip.

8. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    where is baldwin? heard of it but never been. intrested for sure. ive never caught a blue. there are very few lake here that have em and most i dont frequant.

9. alands94

alands94 Active Member

State:
    Lebanon, I
    Baldwin is a 2,000 acre power plant lake off the Kaskaskia River approximately an hour southeast of St. Louis. Most of the lake is 6-12 foot, but I've found some spots nearly 40 feet deep. Tons of small channel cats, decent numbers of 10-40# blues, and some big flatheads. The operation of the power plant has a huge influence on fishing success. If you go, be sure to watch the wind. It can pick up in a hurry and get quite dangerous (bwhupp and I know from experience!).

10. deerhunter4

deerhunter4 New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Does anyone have room for a fat boy...would love to come down and sit with some one for a spell and just learn the lake a little...

if the chance comes up that a blue gets on my pole that is just an added bonus...

Give me a shout back lets set up a date...I will go..

11. alands94

alands94 Active Member

State:
    Lebanon, I
    Paul,
    You are definitely welcome in my boat. Wrestling ends in about 3 weeks, then I'll have some time to hit Baldwin. I'll contact you in a couple of weeks and we can set something up. I'll be sure to remind Brian to catch us some bait :wink:

12. bwhupp

bwhupp New Member

State:
    Belleville
    Aaron.. go teach kids and get off the forums. LOL!

I am ready to fish! Bring on that warm weather!

13. catfishman352007

catfishman352007 New Member

State:
    ARNOLD/IMPERIAL
    if im coming from arnold missouri which way would i go to get to baldwin?id like to get a chance to fish new spots around this area also can you fish it from the bank or do you need a boat?:confused2:

14. Reel_Blues

Reel_Blues New Member

State:
    Virginia
    Sounds like you guys are getting together a great trip wish you guys luck:big_smile:

15. alands94

alands94 Active Member

State:
    Lebanon, I
    Called in sick today - nasty case of bronchitis. Haven't been able to speak since yesterday afternoon. Definitely looking forward to some warm weather - it's supposed to be zero degrees at 6 AM tomorrow morning :crazy:

16. alands94

alands94 Active Member

State:
    Lebanon, I
    I pulled this from Yahoo maps:

ARNOLD, MO
    1. Starting in ARNOLD, MO on JEFFCO BLVD go toward DOHACK DR go 1.6 mi 1.6 mi
    2. Turn LEFT on BIG BILL RD(MO-141) go 0.2 mi 1.8 mi
    3. Continue to follow MO-141 go 0.1 mi 1.9 mi
    4. Take ramp onto I-55 N go 4.2 mi 6.1 mi
    5. Take exit #196/CHICAGO/KANSAS CITY onto I-255 E toward #196A/CHICAGO go 4.2 mi 10.3 mi
    6. Continue on I-255 N go 2.4 mi 12.7 mi
    7. Take the COLUMBIA exit onto IL-3 S go 25.6 mi 38.3 mi
    8. Continue on IL-154 go 8.7 mi 47 mi
    9. Turn LEFT on N 5TH ST(CR-1) go < 0.1 mi 47 mi
    10. Arrive at the center of BALDWIN, IL go < 0.1 mi 47 mi
    BALDWIN, IL

Looks like an hour trip for you. Hope you can make it sometime - Baldwin can be a blast or a bust.....

17. Dan the Fisherman

Dan the Fisherman New Member

State:
    Ramsey, Illinois
    Paul can team up with us for the journey. If the wind behaves, we will catch fish. To fish Baldwin correctly, a boat is needed. My truck is down right now, hopefully it will be operational by then. I have two boats and nothing to pull them with.:crazy: I might have to borrow Brian's boat.:wink: I could strap it to the car.

18. big-muddy

big-muddy New Member

State:
    norfolk, va
    if aaron brings his upside down fishing table, we could have a little picnic before the fishin:wink: