Hey all you slip bobber guys at night......

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by KansasKatter, Oct 12, 2006.

1. KansasKatter

KansasKatter New Member

State:
    Wichita Kansas
    If you like to use a slip bobber at night, and use the glowsticks to light them up, I bought 100 of them on Ebay the other day for $3.25, plus $6.50 shipping. That is less than $10 for the 100 pack. They are like .99 each at Wally World.

I would keep an eye out on EBAY if you like to use these!

100 should last a good long time, as long as they keep that long.:cool2:

2. billcatfish

billcatfish New Member

State:
    evansville Ind
    thanks for the info ill keep my eyes out for them

3. TDawgNOk

TDawgNOk Gathering Monitor (Instigator)

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    Another option would be to support a sponsor of the BOC. I believe that Gene from WildWolf has a BOC special right now on glowsticks. I swear by his as they are brighter than just about any others you'll find.

4. KansasKatter

KansasKatter New Member

State:
    Wichita Kansas
    CRAP!! If I had known about that, or seen that I would have ordered them from him, if for no other reason to support a brother. Sorry about that!

5. FishMan

FishMan New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Thats OK I will keep buying mine from our sponsor Gene. I may pay a few more bucks but it is a another way to support the BOC and a brother in business.

You did get a good deal.

6. duxsrus

duxsrus New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    What size glowsticks are these you guys are buying?

7. TDawgNOk

TDawgNOk Gathering Monitor (Instigator)

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    The ones sold by Wild Wolf are bracelet size.

8. duxsrus

duxsrus New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    That's what I was thinking. How do you attach a long stick like that to your float? I like using the 3" ones and can't find them anywhere on Ebay. It's crazy you can buy a box of 8" or even 22" ones but can't find 3" ones for nothing.

9. GoFish_Tony

GoFish_Tony New Member

State:
    Big Rock, IL
    These are 8" long by about 3/16 Dia.

Gene is a great guy (met him at NG1) and I am thrilled to have just today placed an order for some of his products.

Tony
    _

10. griz

griz Well-Known Member

State:
    Murray Ky.
    Dave, on the cigar shaped slip floats I just scotch tape the glowstick down the side of the float. On my big foam floats I stick the glowstick down into the foam. Here is a picture of them

Attached Files:

11. duxsrus

duxsrus New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    I got ya griz. I just like having the tip lit up. Just a personal thing but I kind of came from "the less artificial light, the better" mindset. I might have to try some of those 8" size ones though. Thanks for putting those pics up.

12. KansasKatter

KansasKatter New Member

State:
    Wichita Kansas
    I use the 1.5" sticks. They work perfect, on the cigar type floats. I just use a rubber band to hold them on up at the very tip.

13. griz

griz Well-Known Member

State:
    Murray Ky.
    I haven't seen where the extra light has hurt the fishing any, I'm still catching flatheads in the 40-50lb range since I went to the long glowsticks. Alot of the time I'm 30-70 yards away from some of my rods and the long sticks really help me see the hits.