hey albert

Discussion in 'LOCAL OKLAHOMA TALK' started by gottagetabigun, Apr 23, 2008.

1. gottagetabigun

gottagetabigun New Member

State:
    OKLAHOMA
    i was just thinking about something. did i see you do a fishing show with that fellow from shady point? goins. its been a while but i think it was you. anyway that guy is a good guy my sister does a lot of work for make a wish down at poteau. he was contacted and took a terminally ill kid fishing. just wondering.

2. tkishkape

tkishkape New Member

State:
    Gore, Okla
    That probably was not me... I don't remember any association with Shady Point, but I have been known to carry kids on board that were stricken with life-threatening diseases like cancer and sickle cell.

Watching those kids enjoying a boat ride and a fishing trip was wonderful... especially when we all knew that it most likely would be their last boat ride and fishing trip.

I shed many tears for those children. I know that God will welcome them with His Arms Wide Open.

If any of you is offered the honor of taking such a child fishing, do not hesitate. Some of them will not see another opportunity to enjoy the outdoors that we take for granted. It is a privelege to be in the presence of such children... such Hope, such faith...

I'm sorry... I cannot complete my thought...:sad2:

3. gottagetabigun

gottagetabigun New Member

State:
    OKLAHOMA
    when you see them kind of situations up close it kind of makes you ashamed for complaining about your own petty personal problems. when you step back and look around most of us really don't have too many problems, just minor inconvenientces.

4. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    I couldn't agree more. As bad as i hate to admit it, most of the problems i've had in life, i brought on myself.:embarassed: