Hexxagon in the arcade

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Phil Washburn, Mar 13, 2006.

1. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
    do i get hexxagon champ posted by my name? it would be nice, as i don't expect it to last long:D

2. catmanofohio

catmanofohio New Member

State:
    Aberdeen (Southern Ohio)
    that game takes TALLENT lol and a lot of patience! lol grats

3. QuincyFisher

QuincyFisher New Member

State:
    Quincy,Illinois
    Wanna explain how to play it Phil??

4. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
    matt, if it took talent i couldn't do it:D

joel, you just click on the little red thing, then click on the green space next to it and do that til all the spaces are filled up

5. QuincyFisher

QuincyFisher New Member

State:
    Quincy,Illinois
    For some reason it wont work on my computer. Plus I can never enter my highscores.

6. catmanofohio

catmanofohio New Member

State:
    Aberdeen (Southern Ohio)
    Joel it auto enters if u get high scores... phil i gave u rep point for trophy lol ill try to beat urs :)

7. Catfish_Commando

Catfish_Commando TF Staff Member

State:
    Georgia
    Phil,

You have cross hairs on your chest now! :)

We are gunning for YOU!

8. duxsrus

duxsrus New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    What's the object of that game? I clicked around making new dots but I had to be missing the point.

9. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
    let's see now...some guy named phil has the top 3 scores and some guy named Catfish_Commando has scores 7, 8, and 9...the cross hairs on your sight AREN'T on my chest, Paul, they are on my BACK....and you should have pulled the trigger before i went over the hill:D

10. Bubbakat

Bubbakat New Member

State:
    McMinnvill
    Some how I think Phil had those cross hairs long before he played that game.:) :)

11. FRANK

FRANK New Member

State:
    Welland,Ontario,Canada
    I am going CRAZY!! with that game....it is addicting!!

Trying to catch Phil's 40 is absurd, LOL

Good Job Phil!

12. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
    it is, isn't it, Frank!! i really enjoyed it today...i am having trouble gettin over 32 now...glad i got 40 while the gittin was good:)

13. Catfish_Commando

Catfish_Commando TF Staff Member

State:
    Georgia
    Phil,

Have mercy on us low lifes, give us the TIP to beat you! ;)

14. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
    i want to correct a previous post - i gave brother Paul a little to much credit - he has 8, 9, and 10th place scores:D

15. FRANK

FRANK New Member

State:
    Welland,Ontario,Canada
    Phil!! Your up to 42!! what the heck, LOL!!

Good Job!

16. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
    i like strategy games...always like checkers and chess...this one reminds me of chess - i bet there are players that can score 60 and 70 on this thing - a lot of fun..good nite friends:)

17. maddcatter

maddcatter New Member

State:
    Newark, Oh
    I had the high score for almost a day, but I don't think I'm even in the top ten now.

18. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
    Spencer you suck!!!!!:mad:

nice score man:)

19. gooboy

gooboy New Member

State:
    Minden,La.
    i see i got knocked outa the top ten today. i made 38 on my second try and now can't even top 35. man what an aggravating game.:) congrats spencer, don't let phil catch ya.

20. Environmentor

Environmentor New Member

State:
    Buffalo, Iowa
    Can't get "60 or 70" the maximum one can get is the number of hexagons (I set the maximum score, see if you can match it). Its a mathmatical strategic game, very much like chess. in fact is very much like Jim Horne's Life genesis (a mathmatician). Goal: try and get as much of the board to turn your color as possible or remove all your enemies by converting them. Simply move one space to regnerate a new block, splitting in two. Or jump two spaces leaving the previous space open. Any enemies you land by, you convert.

Tips that I used:
    * Try and get to the enemies occupied corners before they move to remove one or two of the starting bases (so the remaining enemy is surrounded).
    * Try and think in terms of numbers. If you can take out three enemies by jumping, or two enemies by splitting then do it. If you can nail 5 or 6 then go for it. Sacrifice for the sake of numbers. Jump in and take 5 or 6 even if the enemy will jump in and alter 2 or3 back.
    * Finally, outthink the computers A.I. The computer is always going for the most numbers to convert. Set traps, sacrifice two spaces so the enemy comes in and is surrounded. Try to think plays ahead of the computer (like chess).
    * Try various combinations of strategy. It might take a while, but you can beat the computer.

Yes, it is very addicting.
    P.S. wheres my trophy (Just Kidding)!