Hesperia Lake

Discussion in 'CALIFORNIA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by bluehunter, Apr 1, 2007.

1. bluehunter

bluehunter New Member

State:
    Los Angele
    Went to the H to try to and get some of the nice cats coming out of there lately. No happs for me on the cats for the first few hours so I decided to try for trout since I had my LLoyd Buster Cool B rod (jigging stick.) My parther BigDaddykain and Jerome stayed with the cats. They ended up getting 4 cats, 3 going to Bigdaddy with the top at 4.10 pounds on dip bait. I was into getting jiggy today and I was on fire with the trout. They were not hiting bait well but they were on the jigs. I was lacing them getting the biggest at 7 pounds. Second biggest was 4 pounds. Not bad for someone who did not go there for the trout anyways, but I was not to be skunked today so I grabbed my jigging rod.

There was a fire nearby the lake and it sweeped over the mountains and was almost to the road leading out of the lake so we had to jet. The smoke was too much to bear and my eyes were burining plus my nose started running. The cops said it was a voluntary evacuation but most left due to the conditions as ashes started to fall. It was time to leave anyway about 430pm.

Other than that, a good day at hesperia. The trout are banging the jigs.

Attached Files:

2. Capt Steve

Capt Steve Active Member

State:
    Clovis, CA
    Those trout are monsters!

3. shania

shania New Member

State:
    San Leandro, Ca
    :eek:oooh: "Nice Trout B.H."
    :worship: (You know that you are the man when it comes down to getting them.) :wink:

and those were some nice frying size Channels that your Buddy had as well.

Thanks for sharing those Photos Buddy.
    :confident:

Take it easy - Later,
    Bert:cool2: & Shania:0010:

:worship: :0a23:
    Bert & Phil

4. vini

vini New Member

State:
    Fresno
    jiggin for trout? man you better write book Blue:eek:oooh:

Nice fish, heard about the fires down south you guys get them more then we do up here seems but ours are on the way with this lack of water alot of troubles on the way

5. Pontoon

Pontoon New Member

State:
    California
    Brian, great job on the jig trout. I've fished Hesperia with a buddy of mine who lives a few miles from the lake. We didn't do well on the trout but I did see a few catfish caught by some of the locals.

6. orchardhills

orchardhills New Member

State:
    CA
    Very nice trout. They sure do grow them big down there.

7. bluehunter

bluehunter New Member

State:
    Los Angele
    Thanx peoples. I use to catch a lot of these big trout until catfishing started to consume my time. Now I just go for them every now and then. I will start going for them more and then start to sell some oils on my webpage hopefully soon. Got to get the small business license first. Good fishing yah!

8. janzaldo

janzaldo New Member

State:
    South Gate, Cal
    Hi Brian, what type of lure did you use?

Jaime

9. bluehunter

bluehunter New Member

State:
    Los Angele
    Jaime I used a mini jig pear color tipped with a mealworm. Always tip your mini jigs with mealworms it can be the difference between getting bit or not getting bit.

10. janzaldo

janzaldo New Member

State:
    South Gate, Cal
    Thanks for the info Brian! I will be heading out next weekend to Santa Ana River lakes. I will definately try mealworms.

Jaime

11. katfish n beer

katfish n beer New Member

State:
    Rialto, California
    Hey Jaime,Brian long time no see, My work has changed so the computer has been off for quite some time,. Hope all is goodwith you!

12. janzaldo

janzaldo New Member

State:
    South Gate, Cal
    Hey Phil, glad to see you posting again. All is good on my end. WE just had a gthering on the Delta last month. we were on a house boat! It sure was fun buddy. Have you been fishing lately?

Jaime

13. katfish n beer

State:
    Rialto, California
    I was in Oakland a few weeks back visiting my cousin, and we fished the Delta near stockton. We got some real small Kats, nothing worth keeping, we were only out for a few hours. I am leaving tomorrow night for the Imperial Dam area near Yuma to fish for a couple of nights. I have never fished out there so this is basically an exploration trip for this summer. Hopefully I can keep in touch with you guys again and make it to an outing. My job location has changed and my son is playing baseball so this computer time is not easy to come by.I am glad to see all of you still posting this place has come a long way.

14. janzaldo

janzaldo New Member

State:
    South Gate, Cal
    Stockton, is where we were fishing. Same here I caught my first leagal strip bass and several small catfish.
    Hey Phil, we are having a gsathering on the Colorado river in the next two weeks, hope you can make it.

Jaime

15. katfish n beer

State:
    Rialto, California
    I will be on the river tonight, I probably wont be able to go back that soon, I am going to try to keep in touch so I can schedule my escapes around gathering time:big_smile: . Im on my way out now to try to find some bait, Wal Mart for some reason is low. Ill let you know how we do out there.

16. bluehunter

bluehunter New Member

State:
    Los Angele
    Good luck out there. They are starting to bite now. I can not wait to get out there.

17. richard dunbar

richard dunbar New Member

State:
    Washington
    mmhuh! good trout for sure, how big is that place and how do they keep the water cold enough for the trout

18. bluehunter

bluehunter New Member

State:
    Los Angele
    Its a pay lake in the high desert. As the water temps raise the began to focus on cats. Theseaon for trout will be over by the end of this month. I do not know the exact acre off the top of my head by its a decent size, not too big or too small.

19. plumbertom1

plumbertom1 Well-Known Member

State:
    Eugene, Or.
    Richard, it's not very large, something along the lines of 5 acres under water or so.
    It is in the high desert so it stays cool longer. As I understand it the water is only about 6'-8' deep. During the winter and spring the water stays reasonably cool for the trout but as the days and nights warm up they switch to catfish plants only. On the plus side I seen a recent add saying that they had added sturgeon to the mix, and they do plant some large blue cats to go along with the channels.
    I have only fished there one time and didn't catch anything then, but these pay lakes want you to catch fish when you come out so that hopefully you will come back. So they do stock in good numbers.

20. big taz

big taz New Member

State:
    california
    Looks as if your trip turned out to be a sucess nice lookin trout. jiggin saved the day..:smile2: