He's not a boy anymore.

Discussion in 'Prayer Request' started by bootshowl, Sep 15, 2007.

1. bootshowl

bootshowl New Member

State:
    Indiana, J
    I know the war has touched many families here. So here's a request for a Ranger in Afghanistan, good friend of my son. Many a morning to be found at our home, with fun things to look forward to. And a young man found in church every Sunday morning. E-mailed my son yesterday to say he had been forced to engage, and killed an Arabic man....his first fire fight. When the adrenalin wears off; I know he could use our prayers. I know "Be sure an tell yer Pop." will turn into something else in a short time. Just pray for Josh S.
    God bless all our children forced into nightmare & guilt.

2. tofish

tofish New Member

State:
    arizona
    bootshow, my prayers are sent and hopefully heard. i know what he's going through personally.
    i'm a retired marine, several yrs (too many)of flying door gunner on choppers, sniper for awhile, did black ops some. only thing that kept my sanity is i kept thinking i was doing a job and doing it well. might sound bad, but it worked for me and others. (i unaficially councilled others on this for awhile.) support the young man, keep telling him he's in the right, (whether you believe it or not, he needs to hear that!) leave politics out of conversations if possible for now.
    all i can say. some say i'm wrong, but i've had anyone i've talked to come back and tell me that. bless him for being over there and serving our country. i thank him personally for his service.
    gary

3. dafin

dafin New Member

State:
    Manhattan,Kan
    Prayers sent, nothing to add Gary said it all

4. Skunk River Cat

Skunk River Cat New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Prayers sent from Iowa. God Bless.

5. Catpaw

Catpaw Well-Known Member

State:
    Central Cail
    Name:
    James
    Gary i will be praying for Josh ...Iam sure he is wondering if what he did is right? And yes it is !!!! He is doing for us what are father's and grandfather's before us did ....To keep this GREAT NATION FREE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    Boots, He and all the men and women in uniform are always in my thoughts and prayers.

7. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Boots, I pray for our trops each day ,as well as oud leaders. We need all the help we can muster.

8. Mi11er

Mi11er New Member

State:
    Independence, M
    Prayers sent, I am sorry that he will have to carry that forever

9. Cat Lady

Cat Lady New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    May God bless him for his courage in defending his country. Prayers from SC.

10. radish

radish Member

State:
    ms
    prayers sent from Mississippi

11. SSgt Fishslayer

SSgt Fishslayer New Member

State:
    south carolina
    boots, let him know if he needs to talk that we are hear for him. i know he will not want to, but sometimes it helps. i know what he is going through and it aint easy, and i cannot say it will ever get any better. we are here for him and for everyone else that has been, will be, or currently is over seas in the war. many prayers fo out to him and his family

12. baitchunker

baitchunker New Member

State:
    alabama
    hey boots

wasnt but a couple years ago i went through the same thing. it really didnt hit me too much till i got home and walked around with "normal folks". then it was like a ton of bricks. the ultimate question i had was "when will i quit thinking about it? how long does it take to be normal? etc. etc." so far never and never is the closest thing i can come up with. i think about "things" less often, but still pretty damn vividly.
    i got an e-mail from my lil' brother today. he just lost his first platoon buddy to an ied in the middle of an IP check point. i wish i had some great wisdom or knowledge to pass on but...

what works for me is knowing that the "war" does not define me as a person.

he only did what he had to do.
    j.d.

13. catfisherman60

catfisherman60 New Member

State:
    Greenwood AR.
    Prayers for all of our troopes.

14. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Thoughts and Prayers sent from So. Illinois for all soldiers and their families.

15. jason berry

jason berry New Member

State:
    Evansville
    Hes got mine from a Marine veteran.

16. jpn

jpn New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Never ever goes away !!!!!! (trust me)...we will pray for him and his family. He will need them more than ever but you make sure he understands this one little thing. We as vets know what its about and we are very proud of him for the job he is doing along with all the other soldiers. I personally would like to say thank you to him and shake his hand for having the guts to stay with it and deal with what civilians don't and can't understand. And trust you me all prayers are heard and answered :wink:can bet YOUR life on that.......

17. jeremiad

jeremiad Well-Known Member

Name:
    Unspecified
    Prayers are added from the Blue Ridge.

I, too, add a request for a young man we have been praying for who was just sent home injured. He will recover, but he had to experience the loss of several in his squad when his vehicle was hit by enemy fire.