He's Back , Maybe

Discussion in 'NFL Talk' started by Dano, Jul 7, 2008.

1. Dano

Dano New Member

State:
    Texas
    Brett Favre is back. Well He is seriously thinking about it. Heard on NFL today that there is more than an 80% chance Favre will be back for 08 season. :cool2:
    Guess he isn't ready for talk shows. LOL

What I heard/read, he wants to play , been working out, throwing balls and talking about returning. Ready to show up for practice.
    Now Green Bay is wondering what to do if Brett comes back. should they put Bretts replacement Aaron Rodgers on hold and let Brett start or trade Brett.

I like Favre and agree with NFL that He still has a good couple years left in him.
    IMO, he is GreenBay all the way. I hope He returns but only to Green bay

No what that means.

GB and Pats in SB:eek:oooh:
    :smile2:

2. bw69r

bw69r Well-Known Member

State:
    West Newton, PA
    he needs to make up his mind already. retire or play, whats it going to be.

3. tkeyhunter

tkeyhunter New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Lotta years playing/working. During what should have been high points in his career he suffered with multitudes of tragedy, which (I cannot find the right word here/forgive me) severely damages his memories from this achievement. If he wants to, (he still has time on contract) let the man play. I laughed, stressed, cheered, & even cried a few times watching that amazing man.
    I would be a liar if I said I didn't hope to see him throw the ball again.

4. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    I would not get my hopes up too much

5. derbycitycatman

derbycitycatman Well-Known Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Name:
    your first name
    Heres another vote for I wish he'd make up his mind. He seems like a legit good guy but I think his hokey pokey dance with retirement could be hurting his team. If he does come back Id like to see him in GB though, it wouldnt seem right to see him play any where else.

6. catfishbrett

catfishbrett New Member

State:
    Steubenville,Ohio
    first of all,Greenbay the last few years has been a young team and all they had was Farve.and once again last year brett farve was the offense (ryan grant did do his part towards the middle of the year) so with all the stats last year and all he has done for that team as long as Farve wants to play let him play! and maybe we will see Packers-Colts in the SB!

7. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    If he wants to play, hats off to him.

8. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P
    The man can play.

The Packers are a young team and need a QB like Farve if they are gonna make it to the SuperBowl. I'm sorry, but if GB wants to be back at the top, first year statrter Aaron Rogers don't have what it takes.

Plus he can't take the fact that Eli put him into retirement.

9. shania

shania New Member

State:
    San Leandro, Ca
    Hey Fellows,

Is it just me, or do anybody else see what is happen here?
    :confused2:

It's just another case of a good - "no lets make that Great" player who announces his or her retirement at the beginning of his or her season, only to to change there mind because it didn't end the way that they wanted it to in there mind - sometimes they even go out winning a championship and still come back after they said "No more - This is it for me" or "This game is not fun to me anymore".
    ("Please"):0a14:

I could understand it, if they do it Just to say thank you or pay back "the team" / "the organization" & most of all "the Fans of the game", but we are talking about "one of the Best QBs of all time", who could out play a lot of the QBs that are out there today"!

And we are also talking about a person that is not new to saying "This is it for me".

"Now don't get me wrong" :

I like Brett Favre, and I think that he is one of the greatest QBs ever & Green Bay may need his help.
    But
    I just don't like to see a great player, that has nothing else to prove, announces his or her retirement, comes back just to play and maybe hurt them self.

They also kill me when they say - "It's not about the money but it's the love of the game".
    ("Give me a Break")
    If that was true, they will not continue to do that to "the organization", "the city" & "the fans everywhere" in the first place.
    (when they don't have to - because they have nothing the prove)

Just do like some of the other great ones have done & come back to teach some of the younger QBs (& other players) in that organization how you became one of the games Best.
    (in other words - come back as "Green Bay QBs Coach"! - Who else would better for the job that the Best?).

I just don't want to see another great player come back, go to another team & try to beat the team that they know they love.

Because Remember:
    "It's not about the money" - "It's about the love of the game".
    ("Yea Right:0a14:")

Take it easy fellows,
    Bert

10. Little Luey

Little Luey New Member

State:
    Arizona
    I feel the same way Bert,

Farve did say he was leaving and was very convincing during that conferance, I also think that he is not handling this very profesionally, he needs to make up his mind one way or another and not have the Packers hanging like that, to me that is disrespectfull. If I did that at my job they will just get ride of me and bring someone else. Yes, he is good and he can stil play, but noone is indespensible (see Montana, Marino, Elway...), AR will trow passes, INTs and TDs. It comes a time when you have to let the young guys probe themselves.

I bet you when I retire they will not see me at the plant anymore, it will be bye for ever, LOL.:smile2:

11. Boss Hogg

Boss Hogg New Member

State:
    Yellow Springs, Ohio
    Im supprised he announced his retirement after getting so close to making the superbowl last year. I really don't think he will have a good season if he comes back to GB. If he went to the Vikings, they would be championship bound. How funny would it be to see Favre in a vikings uni?

I feel bad for Aaron Rogers. Hes going to be in a really bad situation if favre comes back. I would probably demand a trade.

12. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    Yes Farve is a legend and all in Green Bay. Great career, super stats but its time to hang it up already. Quit playing the I'm retiring-no I'm not retiring game. Its taking some of the luster off his legend. Lets face it, he sucked in the NFC Championship game last year! I don't blame Green Bay's owners for wanting him to "stay" retired!!! :roll_eyes: :eek:oooh: :wink:

13. Little Luey

Little Luey New Member

State:
    Arizona

Farve is this year's Michael Strahan:smile2:

14. Little Luey

Little Luey New Member

State:
    Arizona
  15. Dano

Dano New Member

State:
    Texas
    Brett does need to make up his mind and so does GB. I hope he plays this year for GB.

Brett is one of my favorite QB's to watch. He is from the old school days.
    I think the most memorable game I watch Brett play in , was when his Dad passed away which I was sorry to hear that but next day Brett and GB took it out on Monday night game against AFC champion Oakland Raiders . That man got on the field and kicked some butt. perfect game. Throwing bullets every play. even the receivers was saying, those balls hurt. LOL.
    I had to look the numbers up.
    That game, he threw for 399 yards, 4 touchdowns in a 41-7 win over Oakland. That was December 22, 2003.
    What a game.
    --------------------------------------
    my update on what i know about it.
    I read where Brett wants GB to release him. GB said no and if Brett still comes back, they will not make him a Starting QB, Rogers will step up.
    I can understand GB doing that. They want to build Rogers and their team up for the years to come and if they dont give him a shot soon, they will loose him. Rogers , I only saw play a few times but he seems like a good QB too me.. but Brett as back up on GB. I dont know what to say bout it. I do enjoy watching him play with GB. and it dont seem right him going to another team.
    I dont think GB wants to release him to another team cause they be afraid he will beat them , that was also said on NFL TV.. Him playing on Any other team, just dont seem right to me.
    Maybe he should have a talk with Rogers before forcing his way back in or waited a little longer before deciding to retire. But heck how could he wait. The moment he lost the NFC champ game last year, the talk started, pushing him into saying retire or stay. media sure does ride butts a lot.
    As far as that loss, it happens but he carried them a long way before that last bad throw in sun freezing weather.
    -----------------------------------------------
    brett /GB Won the Super Bowl in 1997 against the Pats. That was about the time I became a AFC Pats fan cause of what Jerry Jone's did to my CowBoys. I already like GB but not as much as my cowboys until Jerry pulled his stuff, now i hope GB beats them.
    Brett broke some records, always had heart for the game. tough QB.
    Then Denver Broncos beat them in SB the next year. That was a SB that I like both teams or QB's. Ewlay was an all time great in my book. I enjoyed watching him win that SB and the famous play that encouraged the whole team. He ran ball in, got hit hard, flipped end over end and jumped right up, play ball. He came to win.

If Brett want's to come back, Let the man play with GB. And if He does, I hope he kicks the Cowboys and Jerry Jones butt. LOL.

Teach Jerry a lesson for splitting up my Boys in the 90's , still trying to be the man who wants all the credit and hiring yes man coach's and paying players like Deion S. who took the money and shut down. Man wouldn't
    even tackle.
    heck, I'm getting off on Jerry now. Most here knows how I feel bout him and my boys. If Jerry stays off the feild and out of the news papers, I'll be back for them boys but jerry ruins it for me.

SB 09, GB and Pats. Like I said in another thread. The rest will be fun to watch. LOL.

16. derail

derail New Member

State:
    kansas
    Dear Brett,
    We all love you. But you said your goodbyes. Be honorable and stay down bro.
    :0a33:

17. Little Luey

Little Luey New Member

State:
    Arizona
  18. derail

derail New Member

State:
    kansas
    Way to go Brett, the talk is the Buccaneers. How does that sound better than retirement?:angry:

19. Little Luey

Little Luey New Member

State:
    Arizona
    And it looks like the Farve saga is over, or is it?

whatever it is we no longer have to hear about him and Green Bay, let's play and forget about what happened!!

20. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    Have fun in New York Brett! :smile2: :smile2: :smile2: You should have stayed retired! :wink: