Herrington lake info

Discussion in 'KENTUCKY LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by kycomphers, Apr 2, 2006.

1. kycomphers

kycomphers New Member

State:
    kentucky
    just moved into the herrington lake area and was looking for info for catfishing this lake i have only fished it twice but never for cats any help would be welcomed thanks

2. kybunniebuster

kybunniebuster New Member

State:
    winchester kentucky
    ive not fished it as of yet but im gonna fish it as soon as the cats turn on it is full of big flatheads and blues from everything ive heard so far from the guys that fish it alot ive been told by atleast 6 different people that fish it to put the boat in at herrington marina and go to the left and fish the points( the guys that bass fish it alot say the flatheads are plentyfull in that area) they say they have been catching them during the spawn on spinnerbaits over the last couple years. so needless to say im heading there when the fishing turns on

3. kycomphers

kycomphers New Member

State:
    kentucky
    i cant wait to try it have only fished it once........... fished taylorsville alot and always do great up there

4. wowsafari

wowsafari New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    I've fished several times and caught several flatheads. Most of them have been smaller ones though. 2-5 pounders. I haven't had a chance to fish it as much as I would like though, cause I don't have a boat. I live in the area to, if you ever need a fishin' partner give me a holler'.

5. kycomphers

kycomphers New Member

State:
    kentucky
    just let me know when yall would like to get together and we will make a trip down there