Heritage, Raccoon, and Cataract Lakes?

Discussion in 'INDIANA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by Just call me C., May 9, 2006.

1. Just call me C.

Just call me C. New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Anyone ever do any catfishing in any of these lakes? where they at?

2. catseeman

catseeman New Member

State:
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    heritage is west of idy near coatsville
    racoon is westof indy about 50miles. lake is named Cecil harden. Racoon is the state park. big fis in it ut don't know much about it.
    catarac is 45miles west of indy off of 70 take south SR243 to th lieber st. park . Big flats ussally come from area by dam.

3. catseeman

catseeman New Member

State:
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    Another good lake is Glenflint lake also caled vanbiberlake. it is just north of Greencastle off SR 231 or SR36. big cats toward the dam . ig gills and crappies in the coves. very nice lake. Use boat not a lot of bank fishing.

4. Just call me C.

Just call me C. New Member

State:
    Indiana
    never fished glenflint...all i ever do there is go off the rope swing...but yeah ill have to do some fishin out there soon...much structure round the dam other than the dam itself?

5. catseeman

catseeman New Member

State:
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    The lake has a lot of structure in the coves. YOU have to go slow when off the main lake, tree stumps under surface but good fishing. I once watched a flathead eat a entire baloney swandwich with one gulp. estimate it at 3ft long. about 3 ftfrom the side of my boat , It submerdged like a submarine in a movie. really neat to see that happen.

6. buckeater

buckeater Member

State:
    Indiana
    was out on racoon today and caught nine. two blues and the rest where channels. the biggest blue was 11.5 lbs and the biggest channel was 8 lbs. caught them on cut shad and live chubs only fished half the day though.

7. treddinwater

treddinwater Active Member

State:
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    Dosen't sound like a bad day at all Jake, way to go.