Heres what 90 bucks worth of sinkers look like

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by flathunter, Nov 9, 2008.

1. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I will try to never do this again, my wife called me an idiot...Mellon said he would make me some, so did that stingy%$%$%$ Roger, but I could not wait.

64 total sinkers

Attached Files:

2. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    That will learn ya (LOL) now ya know why its 90 bucks huh(LOL)

3. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Jack, you could make thousands of sinkers for 90 bucks.. I get old tire weights by the bucket full, and I would have gave you that many sinkers for 15 or 20 dollars...:cool2:

I do see there are some of the larger size... Did you pay for weight I take it? rollo

4. Manny

Manny New Member

State:
    Arnold, Mo
    Ouch:confused2:

5. BIG_D

BIG_D New Member

State:
    Batchtown IL.
    Jack you dont have blond hair do you lol J/K :crazy::eek:oooh::confused2::smile2:

6. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Shipping was only like 13 bucks.

But the sinkers were over a buck a piece for the ones from 5-8 ounces.

I am just to impaitent and make impulse buys...When I want something, I want it now.:smile2:

7. biga

biga Well-Known Member

State:
    evansville
    :crazy::crazy: ohh my!! i have like $200 worth of sinkers laying in the bottom of my boat !:smile2::smile2: guess i better pick them up since i know what they cost now:wink:

8. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Sinkers are the only thing I have trouble getting, I can buy gamma hooks, and big game line anywhwere...I can get my rods and reels from bass pro...But heavy sinkers are hard to find and buy if you dont make your own.

I just checked again, bass pro sells bank sinkers $5:49 for 1 8-oz sinker...Yes I said that right 1 sinker...And you cant go to your local tackle shop or walmart and get sinkers that size.

9. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    you could have waited and came to the sinker gathering and left with the same styles, weights, etc. and even got some others that are different including the biscuits, and pyramids with the brass eyes.. ate a ton of food, and covered your gas in travel and not had 90 bucks in it!:smile2: I agree with your wife!! And hope they are scented kind to attract more fish! LMAO!:smile2::smile2::roll_eyes::wink: rollo

10. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    I think you want to buy me an ABU 6500 keep saying that yea yea thats it keep saying that over and over :smile2::tounge_out:

11. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I might still come to the gathering, yea I agree I am an idiot...When I think I need something I think I need it now, not 5 minutes or a month later..Maybe I have learned my lesson.

12. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I am actually suprised you don't mold your own Jack. Most guys like you that have been at it as long as you have, usually get into the molding etc. You may wanna check out the DO-IT Molds and pots, and it would be a cheap investment for a long term thing. Go to the local tire shops for the old tire weights... .. You definetely will save in the long run bro.... rollo

13. HRCats

HRCats New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Patience Jack Patience!!! Take your meds....mellow out and we'll have plenty of sinkers!!!! :smile2:

14. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Roger, but what if you and Mellon die over the winter, then I am stuck with no sinkers:smile2:

15. drpepper

drpepper New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Thats alright bud, I paid fifty bucks for a dozen roses for my wife once:wink:

16. HRCats

HRCats New Member

State:
    Ohio
    If that happens then you'll be looking for more than sinkers....like someone else to fish with!!! :smile2:

17. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Now that is putting it into perspective...I feel good about my purchase now.

Thats alright bud, I paid fifty bucks for a dozen roses for my wife once

18. kyleco55

kyleco55 Well-Known Member

State:
    Central In

:smile2: And now you get to fish all the time.. $50 well spent DP

19. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    It would be easier to find someone to fish with than to find heavy sinkers...LMAO!

20. drpepper

drpepper New Member

State:
    Indiana
    c'mon man, I left that out 'cause I'm tryin' to make em feel better:smile2: