Heres the score

Discussion in 'LOCAL MISSOURI TALK' started by jim700, Aug 8, 2009.

1. jim700

jim700 New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Well guys im joining the United States Air Force and hopefully will be shipping out in a month or two. I want to take my dad on one last fishing trip before i take off for bootcamp. I want to go to a place where i can actually catch some fish, lately i havent been doing worth a darn. Hopefully ill have about $150-$200 for gas and i live in St.James. I was hoping to get some pointers on some places where i can take my boat and put in and actually catch some decent cats. It seems like every place i have gone this summer was just dead, so i want to go on one last long trip before i have to leave. We have a 18 Foot John with a 50 jet engine on it, its a flat bottom. Any information on a good place within my price range would be great. I have been following where a lot of people have been going in missouri, and visited some of the places with no luck at all. Thanks for reading this guys, hopefully i can find a good place to give it one last go.

Jim

2. Mi11er

Mi11er New Member

State:
    Independence, M
    Good luck in the Air Force.

Man I think that anywhere on the Missouri/Mississippi river, or just go down to Truman. Truman is a great place to catch some good fish. I am sure someone on here will be happy to hook up with you down there.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2009

3. jim700

jim700 New Member

State:
    Missouri
    yeah, im really considering truman but ive never been there before so i really dont know anything about it.

4. Malichi1970

Malichi1970 New Member

State:
    Fenton, Missouri
    Jim look up Catfish safari and Steve Brown He's located around Truman Lake. He runs a guide/bed and breakfast and will put you and your dad on some fish.

www.catfishsafari.com

5. Mi11er

Mi11er New Member

State:
    Independence, M
    Honestly, there is not a whole lot to it. It is pretty much a river that doesn't move. I am sure that there are a lot of guys on here that will be able to give some concrete places that produce at certain times of year. I fish alot around Osceola, MO.