heres one for you ..true or false

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by Steve Douglas, Dec 3, 2007.

1. Steve Douglas

Steve Douglas Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Kentucky
    had a man come into my store today and as we were talking ,he said he had been building a new log home for a couple years and hadnt been able to work on it for awhile, is job was working them 7 days a week so i asked him what he did , and his reply was there company is replaceing the gates in mc alpine lock and dam now i have heard these stories before from ather fisherman but never from the guys that really work on them. as divers go below these dams and dont want to go back down..catfish as big as cars>>...he said they have been working there for the last year. now according to this fellow, the divers on his crew have came face to face to a catfish that had eyes as big as saucers and one catfish in particular was captured below the lock ,that the fish and wild life guys ,were there to over see the transport.. said they lifted this fish with a crane and then put in in the back of a yuke (real big dump truck)and dumped it down river, he said a guy could stand beside it ,as its laying there and it would come up to there shoulders ...you know ive often hear this story from just the general public and just smile listen and nodd but i heard this time from horses mouth. it just seems to me a bit unbeleivable. WHAT DO YOU THINK... the guy said that there were photos taken and i would assume the fish and wildlife guys may had gotten pics anybody seen photos of big fish floatin around id like to see them... i dont know the record is what 125lbs seems like there would be some evidence of fish like this size ???????i can surley understand that people in general will exagrate a fish tale but a guy that actuly works on dam all aross america hmmmm...

2. Flatheadhunter33

Flatheadhunter33 New Member

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    I think that it's pretty fun to believe that there are huge beastly catfish out there somewhere. Fact of the matter though is that people just love to exaggerate fish size wether they are anglers or not...

3. roundhill

roundhill New Member

State:
    kings mtn
    your reply to him should have ben i heard the wind blow before:wink::wink:

4. Steve Douglas

State:
    Kentucky
    yea thats what i thought ...but i figured everybody would get a kick out of it ...SHOW ME THE PICS!!!

5. s_man

s_man New Member

State:
    south east ohio
    I want to belive Steve LOL. I know they can grow larger than the records we have now. But the size that guy was quoting seems just a tad over the limit. If there was a crane brought in to move a fish with a dump truck, I think there would have been alot of interest and photos and videos. Hell around here you can draw a crowd with a 60 or 70lb fish. And people will talk about it all summer lol. No that guy was pullin your leg.

6. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    I've heard that before but don't hold no faith in it. If they were that big Ol Cuz, Darrel 1 or CatfishoneBob would of caught it by now .Right fellows. Just Kidding. I think Conservation Dept say's there is no truth in it . But you never know.

7. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    I can garuntee you that, there would have been news coverage on CNN, CNBC, FOX, MSNBC and every news channel in the US, if a fish of that magnitude were caught anywhere. ESPN would have had a week long "Big Fish Extraviganza" if it were true, LOL!!!
    With the technology that is available to us today, if they were there someone would have caught one by now!!!!

I Guess to answer the question:FALSE!!!

8. caneycat

caneycat New Member

State:
    Texas
    You got to no that thare are some monster catfish in them waters, but i just cant see catfish as big as a car, i would love to see one that big caught but i just do not see it! But you never no when the next time you are fishing that monster might just hit your bait!

9. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    lmao!!! sorry, my gut hurts!!! lol:smile2: and to stand there and listen!! i bet you had a hard time keeping a straight face!!! rollo:big_smile::smile2::smile2:

10. jason454ci

jason454ci Active Member

State:
    Zanesville, Ohi
    I would like to really believe that it was a true story. But I think someone was just blowing smoke up your... well you get the idea. Them pictures would have been circulating like crazy if it was true.

11. tomflatcat

tomflatcat New Member

State:
    Hampstead, NC
    Eyes the size of dinner plates? Do the math on that one. A big catfish still has small eyes so an eye the size of a dinner plate would make the fish the size of a bus. I heard the story before but it was a sturgeon.

12. river1214rat

river1214rat New Member

State:
    West Point, KY
    OK, I believe the story...Media in Louisville has no interest in the Ohio and/or fishing. The dam guys probably did not want to notify the media, even if they were interested, because everybody with a fishing pole would be runny down there to see what they could catch and get in there way. For a fish to grow that big, he has to be smarter than the average human to keep from getting caught. That big ole boy is gonna float on down to West Point and get on my hook. Then I will post the pics to make believers out of you!!! In fact, there's one that lives in the Ohio right in front of my house and every morning when I am drinking my coffee, he waves at me and calls my name.

Linda

:cat:

13. Dadoftwo

Dadoftwo New Member

State:
    Oklahoma City
    I am sure there are some big cats below some of these dams but pics would be in the news everywhere if something like that were discovered.

14. Steve Douglas

State:
    Kentucky
    yea like i said fellas i wasnt gonna disagree i just listened smiled and nodded what else could i do?

15. River_monster91

River_monster91 New Member

State:
    central kansas
    be nice if it were true, but i dont believe it. i would say the biggest cat a lake is going to hold aint going to be over 150lbs and thats pushing it. oh guys i got another stupid question...whaat the heck is an akwa lung?

16. big-muddy

big-muddy New Member

State:
    norfolk, va
    that 40 lb braided line aint pullin in a cat the size of a car. well, i think the diver must have had his bifocals on under his goggles.

17. shadguts

shadguts New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I heard almost the same story. Only this was Pickwick Dam and they didn't have a crane. They had a tow truck and a diver went down and hooked the fish. The tow truck was poppin wheelies and never moved it.:smile2::smile2::smile2::smile2::smile2::smile2::smile2::smile2::smile2::smile2:

18. tofish

tofish New Member

State:
    arizona
    in 69, they claim a diver was swallowed by on at hoover dam on lake meade. even had picture taken with special camera of it. put it in paper. but when i saw pictures, sure didn't look that big. maybe 150-175. and never named the diver that was supposedly lost.
    gary

19. Big Dav

Big Dav New Member

State:
    Southwest
    Steve,
    Did you look out in the parking lot. This guy had to be driving that same Yuke to hall this load of BS around with him. I guess this is the stuff legends are made of.:smile2: I have heard people talk of diving in our local lake and seeing cats the size of cars. :eek:oooh::smile2: I think every body of water has its tall tails.

This must been Yuke they used.:smile2:

Attached Files:

20. rspd507

rspd507 New Member

State:
    Rising Sun,IN