here's one for the library

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by mrmarkedwards, Jan 8, 2009.

1. mrmarkedwards

mrmarkedwards Active Member

State:
    Delaware
    tie it once, rig it three times.
    every now and then i stumble on a good idea and this one is for the budget minded take a hook and snell it to a yard of mono,flouro, or leader material. next you can use a brass crimp or tie a figure 8 knot(i prefer the crimp for power casting) anywhere along the leader you like. now slide on a bead and a barrell swivel and tie another swivel to the other end. you have just most of a fishfinder rig. the next step is to decide if you're going to attach a snap (or use a snapswivel if you'd like) or tie a length of mono to attach your sinker to that. once completed tie your mainline to the swivel on the end of the rig and you have yourself a slipset fish finder
    thats rig one. next if you'd like to present your bait slightly off the bottom move the snap(if you used one) from the swivel in the rig to the swivel at the end of the rig and tie your mainline to the swivel in the rig and now you have whats called a "pulley" rig the bueaty of this rig is when you set the hook on a fish the trapped swivel will slide up the leader to the sinker and make the rig compact for fighting the fish. now for the third option lets go back to the beginning right after the hook was snelled and the crimp or figue 8 knot is tied slide a bead on and an egg sinker of whatever weight you'd like and tie the swivel on the end of the rig again and now you have a 1 piece carolina rig. now for the economics on the 2 versions. this is based on getting everything from ..................com
    rosco swivels size 5 100 for 6.95 or $.07 each, hooks eagle claw l197 size 5/0 25 for 6.30 or $.25ea, duo lock snaps #56 100 for 12.10 or $.12 each, brass crimps #5 sleeves 100 for 2.35 or $.03 each.
    making the fishfinder/pulley rig cost $.54/rig and the carolina version $.34/rig cna this be done cheaper? absolutely but its just something i thought up to pass a long boring winter.

Attached Files:

2. mrmarkedwards

mrmarkedwards Active Member

State:
    Delaware
    here they are

Attached Files:

3. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    Looks nice.