Heres my boat plans...

Discussion in 'Boating' started by field989, Jul 6, 2007.

1. field989

field989 New Member

State:
    east central indiana
    ok welll..... i dont have a boat.... but i want one really bad....

i have a '93 civic... which here soon is gonna need a new clutch.... SOOOO i figure try to find a Heavy duty clutch, if i can find a trailer hitch for my frame... but heck i figure what boat ill be getting... SMALL and LIGHT... which should be No problem for my honda to pull:wink:...

but what do u guys think...

also i was thinking about like maybe a jon boat? or something like that... and add all the stuff it would need later on... hey a boat is a boat... and as long as it gets me where i wanna go and back im A-OK with that!....

but id also like to get a little like 5hp tiller control motor... just incase ill be on any small/moderate lakes... just something a lil more efficient... have a gas tank and battery... and thats all that one needs.... but i figure 1 trolling motor will be good enough for what ill be using it for... but the only thing with a jon boat... is id like it to be like a little more stable... cuz them things arent really that stable...

just alotta thoughts rambling around in my noggin...

Thanks

Jeff

2. tehrealmccoy

tehrealmccoy New Member

State:
    Streator, Illin
    I wouldn't call them unstable. Keep things balanced and if you have to stand in it stand with a low center of gravity ( I think that's what it's called haha) and the boat barely rocks for me when it's anchored and thats in my little 12 foot jon with my buddy, gear, and huge cooler full of ice.

If you're looking for something light and stable and are putting a motor on it anyways I recommend a 12-14 foot v-hull. It's more stable and the motor will push it somewhat easier than a flat bottom jon.

3. field989

field989 New Member

State:
    east central indiana
    yea it just seemed.. when i was in one... with not much stuff it seemd to rock kinda easy but i got used to it... my sea legs(?) lol but im gonna be bowfishing on one here soon...

but tomorrow im gonna pick up the Indiana auto and Rv and check out the prices and what i can AFFORD :smile2:

4. pamlee101

pamlee101 New Member

State:
    carrollton