Here's another one, Mudkip :)

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by GatorT, Mar 19, 2009.

1. GatorT

GatorT New Member

State:
    Camden, South Carolina
    Went out again yesterday on Wateree Lake in much nicer weather. Fished from 4 - 10 pm. Picked up some bait around Wateree Bridge. Water temp was 54.5 degrees, still muddy.

Got to one of my spots at about 4:30, anchored down and set up, and slept from 5 to 6. Where'd that hour go?:smile2:

Since I still had my rods, I pulled anchor and moved to another spot to fish the channel. Used cut shad for bait. Bites started at 7 and pretty much ended at 9. I gave up at 10 and headed home. Got about 6 fish total. All blues. The biggest one a 31 pounder.

That's my report for the 18th - hopes this helps someone. Going to try and post this picture, hope it works.

Attached Files:

2. SC Backwoods Baitman

SC Backwoods Baitman New Member

State:
    Union,South Carolina
    I don't think I have been in Wateree creek and it wasn't muddy. As for your nap you were just giving the fish an opportunity to strike first. But maybe you needed it to be able to pull that hawg in. Great catch and thanks for the report.

3. SC Backwoods Baitman

SC Backwoods Baitman New Member

State:
    Union,South Carolina
    I have another question the shad you caught did you look for them on your graph and just randomly throw to catch them or do you have a method to your madness.

4. fishmccall

fishmccall New Member

State:
    Anderson sc
    What I do is find the bait on the sonar and then throw the net.

5. GatorT

GatorT New Member

State:
    Camden, South Carolina
    Since I've been fishing that lake since I was a youngin', I just pretty much know where the shad are. But if I'm having trouble, then I use the sonar. On that trip, I just went to a likely spot and had enough to fish with in one cast. Love it when it works out like that.

I've been thinking about starting to sell live bait. Wonder how that would work out?

6. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    "...I just pretty much know where the shad are...."

You sound like Mudkip....I swear he can smell shad in the water!!! :smile2: