HERE'S A REALLY GOOD BAIT TINKERIN IDEA FOR CHANNEL CATFISH

Discussion in 'Homemade baits' started by offshore_angler, Aug 12, 2009.

1. offshore_angler

offshore_angler New Member

State:
    SW TENNESSEE
    Get you a worm blower. delute some sonnys stink bait into a juicy stank lol.. inject it into the worm and you got you a stinky crawler..i tryed this and it works pretty good! just find some cats and they find the worm...try this and give me some feed back.....good luck:wink:

2. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    I don't use worms but will be looking forward to reading your review after you have tried it. thanks.

3. Gotbuck

Gotbuck New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Missouri
    I've heard of guys using the blower to infuse bluegills, crawdads before but never worms. The best would be to use sardine juices with the blower and put in the nightcrawler, the scent trail with sardines is great in a little current. I have put sardine juices in several baits and have better than average success with it.

4. offshore_angler

offshore_angler New Member

State:
    SW TENNESSEE
    yeah the worm blower idea came from infisherman..you ingect them with it and it seeps out i bet sardine juice would work too

5. txthumper1691

txthumper1691 New Member

State:
    Temple, Tx.
    ok forgive my ignorance, but whats a worm blower? I have injected tubes and squid with a limburger chz and sardine mixture with descent results. just warmed it up a lil and with some old measuring spoons added it to them then put in fridge over night to harden.

6. wabah58

wabah58 New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I've taken secret 7 and globbed it on cut bait, in tough flood conditions on the river. Only tried it once, and did get a 5 lb channel cat on it. All the other poles with just secret 7, and just plan cut bait went untouched.

7. Shad gut

Shad gut New Member

State:
    illinois
    sounds good will try it

8. fish_head

fish_head New Member

State:
    Mississippi
    A worm blower is like a visine bottle with a needle instead om the spout. I have one that now I have a use for!

9. airdrop

airdrop New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    needle ,one with a little bigger needle to get the stink in better, cod liver oil might be worth a try, about $8 for a nice size bottle at wal-mart. Mmmm mix it with sardine oil to thin it out to go thru needle better.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2010
  10. hct236

hct236 Well-Known Member

State:
    virginia
    also pretty good to inject shrimp with sun rendered crayfish oil.

11. wildturkey

wildturkey New Member

State:
    Texas
    Would a Tony Chachere's injector needle be too big?
    Sounds like a good idea.

12. Guppycatcher101

Guppycatcher101 New Member

State:
    PA
    Sounds like a good idea might have to try it. Thanks for sharing!

13. absinium

absinium New Member

State:
    Colorado
    For about the same price as a worm blower, you can go the the pharmacy at Wal-Mart and buy a whole bag of insulin syringes. Then you don't have to worry about cleaning or clogging your worm blower.

14. brinley45cal

brinley45cal Active Member

State:
    kentucky
    thats a great idea i gotta worm blower ive never used still in the package.i guess ill be getting it out.

15. jeff18

jeff18 New Member

State:
    pittsburgh pa
    I like this idea.

16. plainsman

plainsman New Member Supporting Member

State:
    minnesota
    I saw the idea of using an old hypodermic needle over 40 years ago, I even got one when I was in the hospital once. I was planning to use it on worms but never got around to it, its been lost. haven't replaced it, but figured a grease injection needle would work, if I had a way to connect it to a bottle. I got a box of used syringes now, but not sure I can use em without a hassle from anyone. Might try it out trout fishing sometime or cat fishing if I get an opportunity.

17. recklessindian

recklessindian New Member

State:
    Ontario, Canada
    Any luck with this idea yet? I wonder if just using the worm blower with air would actually float the worm and hook off the bottom? And if it did, would it feel and appear somewhat natural to the fish?