heres a post that should help everyone out...

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by brandonbtbt, Jun 22, 2009.

1. brandonbtbt

brandonbtbt New Member

State:
    Cambridge, OH
    lets come up with a list of lakes around here (southearstern ohio) and state whether the spawn is over with and if the thermocline is in full effect....

ex)

clendining - thermocline if definatley in full effect and i believe they have moved into the shallows....post spawn

saltfork - i believe they are still spawning and starting to move shallow because a kid got a 40 pounder at the dam last week runnin deep so that also means the thermocline is prolly just starting there.....

and so on.. keep giving tidbits about a lake, sawn, no spawn, thermocline, no thermocline... fish shallow, fish medium..... etc etc etc.....

hopefully enough people post we'll have some broad knowledge about our lakes current fishing conditions so people like me wont post up at a spot thats 30 min from your house and realize the thermcline set in there cause all the dang bait that come out of 30' of water was freezing cold and dead....

all posts will be helpful to all!!!:big_smile:

2. shanelures

shanelures New Member

State:
    ohio
    hey thats a great idea! should be a great post. i'm in n.ohio. good luck though its a great idea! shane

3. OleWhiskers

OleWhiskers New Member

State:
    Minster,Ohio
    I think its a good idea also but how about all the lakes around ohio.I dont know much about the spawn and would find this post to be very helpful so go at it guys and gals:wink: I m in the mid western part of the state so some info here would be cool too......:cool2:

4. FishMan

FishMan New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I don't live in your area but what a great idea. Way to go.

5. rcbbracing

rcbbracing New Member

State:
    Ohio
    very good idea and im not amazing on the subject so prolly cant be a whole lotta help BUT after fishing salt fork last week i totally agree on your update of that lake....I might hit knox lake tonight and not that anyone would care about knox but i might have some info about it tomorrow....thanks and great idea!:roll_eyes: