here's a few gun pics

Discussion in 'Guns - Blackpowder' started by River_monster91, Mar 7, 2009.

1. River_monster91

River_monster91 New Member

State:
    central kansas
    first ones my marlin .30-30 and the second ones my remington 770 in .270 with a bushnell scope

Attached Files:

2. whodaman

whodaman New Member

State:
    Des Moines Iowa
    looks good man id like to pick up one of those marlins

3. Jester2012

Jester2012 New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    really like that 770, sorta looks like mine, just gotta figure out how to upload my pic. I don't know if it attatched or not, but your 770 looks like my 300wsm, which is the black gun.

Attached Files:

4. CHAVEZ CHAVEZ

CHAVEZ CHAVEZ New Member

State:
    WesternSlope,CO
    hey Donnie how ya like that 770 ???

5. kat in the hat

kat in the hat New Member

State:
    Missouri
    What he said, and how does it compare to the 710? I have a 710, and I like it. I'm not fond of the box mag., but I like it overall.

6. River_monster91

State:
    central kansas
    never shot a 710 but ill post a pic of my 50 yard groupings when we first sighted it in. its a good gun for under 400 bucks. before when hunting with my .30-30 i had to let the deer get withing 100 yards now i wont be afraid to reach out to 200 yards with the .270 its got the 4 round box mag which i like perty good. the gun came bore sighted which helps a bit i guess. overrall its been a good gun. ran a box of ammo through it and it shoots nice and smooth.

7. River_monster91

State:
    central kansas
    whoops haha forgot the pic. here it is. the 50 yard group. not to bad.

Attached Files:

8. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I guess everyone has likes and dislikes about box mags,Myself I like em. Snap that puppy OUT,clear one round,your done plus you can have an extra loaded in your pack to quickly reload. I have two each for my mod 788s

9. River_monster91

State:
    central kansas
    yea richard i put one in the chamber when i get into the woods then i load the clip up with 4. i know i wont get 5 shots at a deer(unless hes part retard like me lol) but its always nice to have one ready for a backup shot. by the way im shooting remington 150grain corlokt. what do you all think of these rounds? i wanna start shooting the winchester balistic silver tip.

10. CHAVEZ CHAVEZ

CHAVEZ CHAVEZ New Member

State:
    WesternSlope,CO
    i was just wondering because i have the 770 243 i bought last yr for 1 of my sons . when it starts warming up a lil' more gonna break that gun in see what loads it likes best and all . now i shoot the rem 100 GR coreloks out of it seems to shoot those pretty well , as for the 270 150 GR i shoot 130 , 140's through my 270 savage seems to like the corelok's the best all factory loads i don't reload .

Attached Files:

• 004.jpg
      004.jpg
      File size:
      14.2 KB
      Views:
  11. kat in the hat

kat in the hat New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Plus...You don't have to worry about dumping the shells onto the ground out of a butt plate mag. I've done that before. :angry: What I don't really care for with the 710 box mag. is that it's kinda flimsy. That, and it limits the OAL of my handloads...Not sure if that will be an issue yet, or not, but there's not much room in there. Also, with the 710, you can only load one shell into the chamber from the top. You must remove the mag to reload it...if you don't have a spare, which I don't...yet. Would be nice to be able to load it from the top, but that's small potato stuff.

12. bw69r

bw69r Well-Known Member

State:
    West Newton, PA
    nice looking guns here. that was a nice group too. i use the silvertips and think you'll like them. seems to tighten groups up for me. but every gun is different and likes certain rounds over others, you'll have to experiment.

13. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I used corelock ,back when I bought storebought. The new ballistic silvertip has caught my eye,however I wont put a moly coated bullet through my gun. I have issues about that.

14. River_monster91

State:
    central kansas

whats so bad about running a moly coated bullet through a gun?

15. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma

Nothing if you want it to stay there,or spend alot of time trying to get it out.:sad2: At least thats the deduction I came to after reading up on them after thier debut. I aint sure whether to believe it or not,So I just stay away from them,Works for me.

16. River_monster91

State:
    central kansas
    hey richard what did you think of them groups at 50 yards? do you think they could be much tighter or do y ou think they are perty good? i think they are good enuff to kill deer lol

17. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    Besides the price is #$%^&*. Growing up I just remember mushrooms, and cheap ones at that.

18. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Donnie that is a good group. You have to remember tho it will be twice that big at 100 and four times that big at 200. I would google firearms barrel break in ,and do some reading. A properly broken in barrel tends to be a great shooter for life.

19. River_monster91

State:
    central kansas
    yea i shoot about 1.5'' group at 100 yards right now. i think its still in the kill ranger fer a deer at 200 yards though.

20. derbycitycatman

derbycitycatman Well-Known Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Read where someone had a problem with moly coats. It was in a .300 I think, the moly came off and plugged up the barrel enough to not chamber a round? Their thoughts were that going 4000fps was too much for the moly, every other gun was ok?