here's a dumb question

Discussion in 'Hunting Gear Talk' started by massa_jorge, Aug 14, 2009.

1. massa_jorge

massa_jorge New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    we hunt in cold humid weather. i like to wear a baclava or neck gaiter that covers my face, but my dang glasses always fog up. is there something i could put on them to prevent this, but would also not impair my vision? or am i just stuck? thanks.

2. bw69r

bw69r Well-Known Member

State:
    West Newton, PA
    used to have the same problem Jordan before i got contacts. i had this stuff i got at a sport show that worked great. International Performers Inc. 9631 Denton Ave. Bldg.7 Hudson, FL 34667. thats the adress of the company that sells it. its a pinkish liquid in a squeeze bottle. it stops fogging and helps remove scratches. i have used it on glasses, scopes, binoculars, inside my windshield on truck, on our front door in winter so the glass doesn't fog up when people go in and out. think it was only like 6 bucks or so. you only need a drop to get the job done. you could probably look it up on line. hope this helps bro.

3. wolfman

wolfman Well-Known Member

State:
    Triadelphia, WV
    Name:
    Walter Flack
  4. cantstopgrandma

cantstopgrandma New Member

State:
    MD
    I used to work at a sporting goods store when i was in high school. We sold a lot of ice hockey equipment. There is some kind of spray that is designed to keep the plastic face shields from fogging up on the helmets. I do not remember what it was called, but a search in a hockey catalog or website would probably find you something similar. Even with soaking wet kids playing in a cold arena, that stuff somehow kept the faceshields from fogging up.

You could also check out a motorcycle shop. Some of them sell stuff to keep motorcycle helmets from fogging up.

5. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I was gonna suggest Rain X wipes,but I remembered They also make a product for auto winshields called .... FOG X.

6. Pip

Pip New Member

State:
    pa
    Ditto what Richard said. Fog-X has worked for me. I'm stuck wearing glasses, blind as a bat without them. Fog-X will help a lot.

7. cheapNdisgusting

cheapNdisgusting Well-Known Member Supporting Member Supporting Member

State:
    Yonder in Mo.
    Name:
    Russ
    plain old SPIT. Keeps the facemask clear.

8. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Plain old spit is correct. Ever put a full face on with a wad of chew in your mouth? I have!!

9. Catfish_Scooter

Catfish_Scooter New Member

State:
    Tennessee

I would be stuck up a creek without a paddle LOL.

10. CoonX

CoonX Member

State:
    Oklahoma City O
    I've tried all stuff that's been mentioned plus more and had anywhere from good results to bad results. Spit would fog back up in minutes. Special antifog sprays would last 2-3 days.
    But the best I found is simple soap. Bar or liquid, as long as it's non abrasive. Dab a tiny amount on the lenses, and rub the lenses between the fingers, then use a clean cloth to polish lenses.

11. Txbluecatman

Txbluecatman Member

State:
    Texas
    I use the Rain X wipes. I usually carry a small container with them in my pack. They work great for me.

12. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    Another vote for anti-fog wipes :cool2:.