Hereford Manor Lakes

Discussion in 'PENNSYLVANIA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by catfish chaser, Jul 5, 2006.

1. catfish chaser

catfish chaser New Member

State:
    miamisburg, oh
    I was wondering if anyone has fished at Hereford Manor Lakes before for cats and if they had any luck. I've never been there before and was wondering if its worth the trip

2. DeerHunter01

DeerHunter01 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Hereford manor lakes are stocked by the PA fish Commission with trout, that lake was accidentally stocked with Musky back in 1979 ( long story) but it was stocked with channel catfish in 85 thru 89 that I am sure of cause I was there when we stocked them, it has no flatheads in either lake, the upper lake has just as many as the lower lake does when they were stocked. They should be good size by now in there. It was also stocked with walleye back in the mid 80's too along with Bass. There was a channel cat shocked up in front of the boat ramp at the entrance back in 1988 that was a dandy if I remember right it was close to the state record at that time, If I was going to fish that lake I would fish on the right side of the boat ramp where the wall is there thats where most of the channel cats were shocked up the last time I was there. It was done at night in the middle of the summer time.

both them lakes in the early 70s were Pay fishing lakes and its hard to tell what they stocked them with then.

I hope this helps you some.

3. catchinghogs

catchinghogs Well-Known Member

State:
    Pennsylvania
    Sounds like a pretty nice lake where is it located at.

4. catfish chaser

State:
    miamisburg, oh
    Thanks alot Deerhunter, I'm going to give it a try this weekend. I didn't know there was that many kinds of fish in there

5. catfish chaser

State:
    miamisburg, oh
    the lake is up by Zelienople off of 588 and 288

6. DeerHunter01

DeerHunter01 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    This lake is located in North East section of Beaver County Pa. right near city of Zelienople next to the Butler county line. its right off the Zelienople road out by the Airport.

7. DeerHunter01

DeerHunter01 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    catfish chaser

If you live in Beaver County you need to fish the Beaver river there just in New Brighton along the bank or if you have a boat fish up almost to the dam on the New Brighton side with large Bluegills late at night when these fish stop spawning there, you should tear up the flatheads in that section, It is one of the best place along the Ohio River, it only about 3 miles to the Ohio on that section of the river. I know of several hogs that came out of that section about 1 1/2 years ago a guy was fishing that section under the bridge just before the low head dam, and caught a 47 pound flathead , he was in a tournament out of Chester WV when he brought it down and weighed it in and he turned it lose about 10 Minutes before I got a hold of him he had the new state record for PA with a flathead and let it go in the river in Chester WV. LMAO

8. HuntinforCats

HuntinforCats New Member

State:
    PA
    Fished Hereford many times mostly the upper lake. I had my best day ever for trout and gills over 100 browns on the top lake in a canoe and many jumbo bluegill on Memorial day in 1998.

9. catfish chaser

State:
    miamisburg, oh
    thanks for the tip on the beaver river Dear hunter. As soon as the spawn is done i am going to try out the dam. I've fished there several times for walleye but never for cats yet.

10. catfish chaser

State:
    miamisburg, oh
    Fished Hereford Manor today. Caught a few bass nothing of great size though. I was going to try and catch some channels tonight but once again the thunderstorms chased me out again.