Here your chance to change the laws got to read this

Discussion in 'LOCAL INDIANA TALK' started by blazerjet, Sep 16, 2009.

1. blazerjet

blazerjet New Member

State:
    indiana
    October 14 2009 @ 10 30 am at the garrison, fort harrison state park 6002 north post road indianapolis indiana. Its the meeting that my dnr buddy has set up for all the suggestions that we all put in @ the ingov website. We all need to go and voice are suggestions. There is like 50 things going to be brought up like water quailtys, ohio river fishing methods , Damn commerical fishing bs. Live shad cast net all kinds of good suggestions. Best one i saw was one fish over 32 inch once a year. I got to take off work to go but i will be there for are future and my daughts. please try to be there if u can are waters need help bad. white river is going to die soon. Please tell everyone i mean everyone she has pressed this issuse for me and got the ball rolling so please dont let us down. this is the first person that listen to me so lets show here that all the work and bitching she did for me was not a waste off time she really held us out when the gov let us down. we got to do something soon are water is bad.

2. drpepper

drpepper New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Awesome Ben... great work bro... I WILL BE THERE! who's going? Come on guys. Ben, We'll get the guys there man don't worry :wink:

3. kyleco55

kyleco55 Well-Known Member

State:
    Central In
    We seen a commercial the other day, and my boy heard something about fishing.. he wants to go. I'm going to try to make it there

4. perrycounty.in

perrycounty.in New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Damn good job blazer!!!!!!! I'll try my best to be there!!

5. indycatman

indycatman New Member

State:
    Greenwood, Indi
    awesome ben thank you hell yeah i am going maybe get some of this bs on the indiana rivers gonre so us fishermen can have our rivers back again

6. whiteriverbigcats

whiteriverbigcats New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I vote commercial catfishing in the White River Only!! Waverly Area!!! Oh wait .. NOOOOOOO!

I might have to drag DrPepper up there kicking and screaming!!!! But i will be there..

Im a pretty good but stubburn debater!!!:smile2::smile2:

7. drpepper

drpepper New Member

State:
    Indiana
    so who else is in on this? where'd be a good place to fish around there? We'll all pull up with our riggs and go fishin' afterwards....

8. Fishgeek

Fishgeek Active Member

State:
    Indiana
    That's great they're giving people the opportunity to be heard in a public forum! I think it's very important that whoever is going talks to each other & make sure you're on the same page. A united front will go further for our cause. I would also encourage everyone to strongly support the proposed catfish regulations (http://www.catfish1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=114388). They might not be ideal but its a start & I think its important that we let the DNR we appreciate the effort.

Remember also to be a respectful debater! Pepper has some good info on commercial fishing...be prepared to use that info & ask tough questions...not with the intention of putting the DNR folks on the spot, but really to indirectly educate the public in attendance who may not know the issues. Most of the world thinks us catfishermen are dumb rednecks, let's not give them any reason to believe that!

Blazejet: do you know if they're having anymore meetings in other parts of the state?

9. drpepper

drpepper New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I wanted to put this here to organize.
    Matt, I wish you would consider making this trip your voice in this would be priceless.

10. playin4funami

playin4funami New Member

State:
    Saronville Ne.
    I just see no need at all for commercial fishing in public waters,if folks don't want to go catch their own then let them eat farm raised catfish. The state dnr might even benefit off license sales if more people were inspired to go catch their own. As far as the commercial guys,they do pretty good work at cleaning up the carp out of lakes if you can find one who actualy releases the fish species that they are not there to take. I feel for them as they are trying to make a living,but those days are gone and they need to realise this and move to a more lucrative buisness,fish farming,hatchery operations, etc. The resources in this country of ours are being raped and pillaged for the benefit of a few,while the masses get the short end. A single commercial netter will take more fish in a week than most of us will take in a lifetime of fishing. Hope you all in Indiana the best of luck with your DNR and health of your rivers and lakes,We used to have commercial fishing around here and the fisheries still havn't recovered after since it's ban many years ago to the levels they were.

11. indycatman

indycatman New Member

State:
    Greenwood, Indi
    :big_smile::big_smile: bill only be bout 2 hr from the ohio river can do some blue catfishing start early on the blues

12. whiteriverbigcats

State:
    Indiana
    Rednecks?? Hummmmmm... Maybe I should stay home!! LOL:wink:

13. drpepper

drpepper New Member

State:
    Indiana
  14. whiteriverbigcats

State:
    Indiana
    HAHAHAHAHA

15. Fishgeek

Fishgeek Active Member

State:
    Indiana
    I was seriously considering coming down for it but when I went back & looked at the date & time, I just don't think I can do it. That will be our 3rd day of practice & I really don't think I can get back to North Manchester in time to be there. Any idea how long this thing is supposed to go?

16. drpepper

drpepper New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Matt, I'm not sure.. if it's special for us or if they're dealin' with other issues Ben would know I'd think. If just us then I'd guess maybe an hour or two tops... need to talk with Ben on the phone about this. I really want you to be there.

17. kyleco55

kyleco55 Well-Known Member

State:
    Central In
    speaking of Ben.. where the heck is Bnorth?? his new wife cut him off from civilization?:smile2:

18. drpepper

drpepper New Member

State:
    Indiana
    seen 'em pokin' 'round here the other day.... he'll workin' and sleepin' for the next 30 years to pay for that new house... :wink:

19. jgibson1

jgibson1 New Member

State:
    indiana
    yeah i work about two miles north of there and there isnt anywhere good to go around here unfourtunently

20. Fishgeek

Fishgeek Active Member

State:
    Indiana
    I'll do what I can to make it Bill, but I'm not very optimistic at this point.