Here your chance to change laws.

Discussion in 'INDIANA RIVERS TALK' started by blazerjet, Jan 15, 2009.

1. blazerjet

blazerjet New Member

State:
    indiana
    Maybe u all know already. I havent been on here in a min BUT We all need to go to this link IN.gov/nrc/. Fill it out if u got any suggest or comments on fish. My dnr buddy say this is the time they are about to re-write the rules. Tell ever one

2. treddinwater

treddinwater Active Member

State:
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    thanks for the link...I tried to stress the importance of protecting flatheads in our waterways to them since there seems to be no real limits on flatheads.

3. bnorth

bnorth New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Excellent heads up post. Reps to you.

While on the topic, and I realize there will be a lot of different opinions on this, so lets keep it civil-- what kind of regulations would we as Hoosier catfishermen like to see enforced for catfish? We know better than anyone the relative size of the fish we catch, their numbers, etc. Do we need regulation for all species? Or just Flats and Blues? Min/Max regs for keepers, or just anything under a certain length? Daily limits?

4. tswebb71

tswebb71 New Member

State:
    So. IL
    what a coincidence. I just started a similar thread over in the Illinois section. I am seriously considering pushing hard for a length limit. For example, 2 fish over 34". However, exempt tournaments as long as they are released. I think this type of legislation can only help the big fish population. If you want eater fish, there are PLENTY under 34" for everyone to eat!!!! One of the problems is that we are going to have to try and get surrounding states to pass similar laws. For instance, I fish the Ohio almost exclusively. It really doesn't matter what Illinois does or doesn't do if Indiana and Kentucky doesn't do something similar.

5. drpepper

drpepper New Member

State:
    Indiana
    yeah.... april 9th CPR guys... nows OUR shot, lets not blow it. Reps blazer!

We gotta do something, the flathead fishing has gone way down hill - in the smaller rivers especially. Alternative fishing/greed are killing us all.

We can put the link in our signatures!

6. river scum

river scum New Member

State:
    hooterville indiana
    good idea about the link pep!

im going to spread this link all over the net! lmao i tossed some reps your way too blazer, a big thx to ya!

i feel the regs we have are useless. who wants to keep fish under 10" anyhow!??? its the bigger fish that need our protection, IMO. most trophy fish from our waters are polluted and unsafe to feed the family anyhow, so why not protect them for sport.

again excellent tread brother!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7. tackleholic

tackleholic New Member

State:
    New Albany
    I'm in favor of size limits on cats. I don't have much of a chance to fish & neither do I catch many that I consider a keeper. I even release'em under
    16". Give'em a chance to grow & reproduce. If I catch only one I release it or give it to someone else.:cool2:

8. tackleholic

tackleholic New Member

State:
    New Albany
    I've just posted my ideals about new regulations on catfish. I hope that you all do the same.:cool2:

9. IndyCatGuy

IndyCatGuy New Member

State:
    Greensburg, IN
  10. whiteriverbigcats

whiteriverbigcats New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Just sent in my suggestion!!

11. tackleholic

tackleholic New Member

State: