Here you go Showme.

Discussion in 'The BOC Diner' started by Mutt, Jan 4, 2013.

1. Mutt

Mutt Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    whats it to you
    Name:
    Mutt
    Some trout recipies for you.

Baked trout.

Ingredients:
    1 large (8- to 12-ounce) whole trout, boned
    2 tablespoons melted butter, divided
    4 slices lemon
    2 tablespoons lemon pepper seasoning, divided
    Directions:
    1) Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a large baking sheet with lightly greased aluminum foil.
    2) Open split trout; brush 1 tablespoon butter inside the cavity. Place 2 slices lemon inside trout; add 1 tablespoon lemon pepper. Close trout; spread remaining 1 tablespoon butter on top. Place 2 remaining slices lemon on top of butter; sprinkle with remaining 1 tablespoon lemon pepper.
    3) Place trout on prepare baking sheet. Bake until trout flakes easily, about 15 minutes.

Grilled rainbow trout.

Ingredients:
    •¼ cup canola oil, plus additional, for grill
    •1 tablespoons minced fresh ginger
    •1 teaspoon grated lime zest
    •1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
    •2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
    •Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
    •4 (4- to 6-ounce) fillets rainbow trout
    Directions:
    1) Heat oil in a medium skillet over medium; add ginger, lime zest, and red pepper. Cook until just browned, about 30 seconds, stirring. Remove from heat; whisk in lime juice. Season to taste. Set aside.
    2) Preheat grill to medium; brush gently with oil. Grill trout fillets until fish turns opaque, turning once, about 4 minutes total. Remove trout from grill and arrange on serving platter.
    3) Pour lime dressing over trout and serve immediately

Bacon Grilled Cajun Trout

Ingredients:
    •4 whole trout (approximately 1 pound each) cleaned, with heads and tails removed
    •1 (16 0z) bottle Cajun-style marinade
    •1 Tbsp olive oil
    •1 (14.5) oz canned diced tomatoes
    •½ c. green pepper, minced
    •½ c. celery, minced
    •½ c. onion, minced
    •1 Tbsp Cajun seasoning
    •¼ c. bacon bits
    •8 slices thick-cut bacon
    •Butcher twine
    Directions:
    1.Set up grill for direct cooking over medium heat. Prepare by brushing grate with oil.
    2.In large ziplog bag combine trout and marinade, reserving ¼ c. marinade for sauce. Seal bag and marinate trout for 30 minutes to 2 hours.
    3.In a small saucepan heat 1 Tbsp olive oil over medium heat. Saute green pepper, celery and onion until tender and aromatic, approximately 5-7 minutes. Add marinade, tomatoes, Cajun seasoning and bacon bits. Bring to a boil, and lower heat. Simmer for 5 minutes and set aside.
    4.Cut Butcher twine into 12-inch long pieces, preparing 12 pieces of twine. Lay 3 pices of twine horizontally on a sheet pan,evenly spaced. Lay 1 slice of bacon vertically on top of bucher twine, and place 1 fish on top of bacon slice. Top fish with another slice of bacon and tie each piece of twine so that each fish has 3 knots securely holding fish in place. Repeat process for remaining fish.
    5.Place whole fish on grill and cook for 15-18 minutes, turning every 3 to 4 minutes. Remove from grill, cut away twine, and top with prepared Cajun sauce. Serve warm.

Fried Trout and Mushrooms with Lime

Ingredients:
    1/3 cup vegetable oil
    2 pounds trout fillets
    ¼ cup milk
    ¼ cup all-purpose flour
    3 tablespoons butter
    ¼ pound mushrooms, thinly sliced
    1/3 cup chopped fresh parsley
    Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
    2 limes, cut into wedges
    Directions:
    1) Heat oil in a large, heavy skillet over medium-high.
    2) Place trout in a large bowl; top with milk and turn to coat. Place flour in a separate medium bowl; add trout and turn to coat, shaking off excess flour.
    3) Place trout in skillet and cook until golden brown on both sides, turning once, about 10 minutes total. Transfer to a serving platter and cover.
    4) In a separate medium skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add mushrooms and cook until softened, about 4 minutes, stirring. Continue cooking until mushroom liquid evaporates, about 4 minutes, stirring occasionally.
    5) Add parsley and seasonings to taste to mushrooms; cook 2 minutes, stirring. Spoon mixture over trout; surround with lime wedges and serve.

Simple Smoked Trout

Ingredients:
    4 cups water
    1 cup packed brown sugar
    ½ cup kosher salt
    1 tablespoon black peppercorns
    1 teaspoon liquid smoke
    2 (10-ounce) dressed whole trout
    Directions:
    1) Combine water, sugar, salt, peppercorns, and liquid smoke in a large pot; bring to a boil and cook 3 minutes. Remove from heat and allow to cool to room temperature.
    2) Place trout in sugar solution; cover and let sit overnight in refrigerator.
    3) Remove trout from sugar solution; drain completely. Place in cold smoker and cook until golden brown, about 6 to 8 hours.

Fried Lake Trout

Ingredients:
    ½ to 1 cup vegetable oil, as needed, for frying
    4 (4-ounce) fillets lake trout
    ½ teaspoon sea salt
    ¼ teaspoon lemon pepper seasoning
    Cornmeal, as needed, for dredging
    2 tablespoons butter
    1 cup sour cream
    1 tablespoon lemon juice
    Directions:
    1) Heat oil in a large, heavy skillet over medium-high heat.
    2) Meanwhile, season trout with salt and seasoning. Dredge in cornmeal to coat.
    3) Add trout to hot skillet and cook until browned on both sides, turning once, about 8 minutes total. Transfer cooked trout to a large serving plate.
    4) Melt butter in a small skillet over medium; add sour cream and whisk until smooth. Cook until heated through, about 4 minutes, stirring. Add lemon juice and stir well.
    5) Pour sauce over trout and serve immediately.

2. BUDMEISER01

BUDMEISER01 Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    Trout also makes good Catfish bait. :eek1::eek1::eek1::eek1::eek1::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Dano likes this.

3. Mutt

State:
    whats it to you
    Name:
    Mutt
    Fried trout is good with fried pork chops too lol.
    :sneaky:Cant tell you if trout is good for bait or not cant use it for bait here.

4. BIG_D

BIG_D New Member

State:
    Batchtown IL.
    NO way a catfish is eating trout from me lol trout is the best eating fish there is yum yum as Jim would say.

BUDMEISER01 likes this.
  5. SHOWME

SHOWME Well-Known Member

State:
    Nixa, Mo
    Name:
    Bob

THANKS MUTT !!! I really would like to try a couple of those but we didn't catch what I thought we would and now its crappie t ime here, I like your spices, I will need something to get rid of the dogfood taste these trout have, its all they have eaten, they don't last very long in Lake Taneykomo.

6. Mutt

State:
    whats it to you
    Name:
    Mutt
    Trout is one of my favorite fish to eat. Think I would be disapointed if they tasted like dog food lol. Your welcome I love to cook so I have ton of recipes. If your ever out this way Ill fix ya up with some good tasting trout.

7. hillman

hillman Active Member

State:
    MO.
    Name:
    David
    Interesting Suckers are my best fish to eat. But still catch many Trout while fishing for Suckers.

001-1-1_zpsoe9i8zk8.jpg

oneshot

Keith Mette likes this.
  8. Seekbigger

Seekbigger New Member

State:
    Ky
    Name:
    Chad Curran
    Trout are awesome, both freshwater and saltwater. Also hard to beat nice crappie slabs, bluegill, blue and flats are good too. Lol I think I'm just hungry and any fish sounds good. Thanks for the recipes