Here we go again!

Discussion in 'LOCAL KENTUCKY TALK' started by DoubleG, Aug 20, 2008.

1. DoubleG

DoubleG New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Anyone fishing Saturday 8/23/08? If so, Where at? Just got the word that the wife has to work. I am up for almost anything. I'll be in the hay field all day, hopefully on the water all night..

2. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    Uh!!!!!
    Where do you fish in Kentucky??? As I recall, Ky is a fairly big place and is divided into counties and cities and Everything, LOL!!! It also has a bunch of places to fish, which one will you be at???:roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes:

3. DoubleG

DoubleG New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Not 100% sure yet. Somewhere along the Big Sandy River or Dewey Lake. On the Ohio last weekend. Cave Run Lake was mentioned earlier this week. Once it's set, Be great to have you come over. May not catch alot of fish but a good time is guaranteed!

4. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Good luck fishing brother!

5. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    We'll be somewhere this weekend. No idea where at though. I had a good time last weekend but am still recovering from Ken's Garlic Goat.:crazy:
    I went across the Russell bridge yesterday and they had a Haz-Mat team cleaning something up that had washed ashore...:crazy::roll_eyes::wink::smile2:

I'm getting ready to hit some water somewhere around here. Probably either the Gravel Pit(back water) or Greenbo.

6. firechief4201

firechief4201 New Member

State:
    Catlettsburg, Kentucky
    I'll be fishing don't know where yet.:wink: Been working on the rescue boat for John.:crazy: Sorry the fishing boat the John will be fishing from.:smile2::smile2::smile2:

7. katfish ken

katfish ken New Member

State:
    Paintsvill
    I'd rather go fishing than to the Dr. today but Oh Well got to do it.:sad2: Going to the Dr. makes me feel like I'm in limbo not knowing what he's going to tell me:sad2: In case I have not told you all how I feel about DR.
    I HATE DOCTORS!!!!:smile2:
    Well guys I'll feel much better this evening after this trip is over.:smile2::big_smile::wink:
    Count me in for Sat. evening or night I guess. I'm Up for most any thing:wink:

8. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Where is this Gravel Pit paylake located at in Kentuck John? Not familiar with it. LOL

9. firechief4201

firechief4201 New Member

State:
    Catlettsburg, Kentucky
    How did you know that John was going to a paylake.

10. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    He's my old fishin buddy from the spring fish off. LOL Ooooops I'm giving his secrets away again.

11. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY

LMAO!!! If it was a paylake I'd probably caught more...:roll_eyes::wink::smile2:
    Danny knows where its at and he knows its just backwater from the river.:tounge_out::smile2:
    Had a good time but had to leave early cause we ran out of bait...:crazy::sad2::smile2:

12. DoubleG

DoubleG New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Spoke w/Ken last night. I think Dewey is the winner!! If you guys wanna come this way let us know and we will have an extra boat ready. Depending on getting the hay up, May be 7:00 or 8:00 p.m. before I can be at the ramp.

13. katfish ken

katfish ken New Member

State:
    Paintsvill
    Just got back from the Dr. Got a ton of calls to make but they will have to wait till morning.:sad2::tounge_out::confused2::roll_eyes: O K now. Stopped and picked up some punch bait or dip bait or some thing like that. thought I'd give it a try this week end.:wink::smile2::big_smile: Hope it helps my fish less streak.

14. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    I haven't talked to Danny today so I have no idea whats up. I believe my luck may be starting to change slightly. I hooked the biggest cat of the year today and got it within 10' of the bank when it rolled, splashed and spit the hook. I won't guesstimate a weight cause you all won't believe me anyway...:crazy::roll_eyes::smile2:
    It had my glowstick bent darn near double and took drag at will!!!:crazy::cool2: I swear, people all over Worthington and Raceland probably heard me cussing!!! I had a witness also, he was on his way over with the net when it got off. I'm gonna have nightmares about that dam fish!!!:angry::angry::angry:

15. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    JC,
    Here is a pic of it. I'll e-mail you the coordinates later....:roll_eyes::wink::smile2:

Gravel Pit 8-21-2008 005r.jpg

16. DoubleG

DoubleG New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    True, We probably won't believe you but guesstimate it anyway.. Happens to the best, getting away that is.

17. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    LMAO!!! My guess was at least 15-20+lbs. I only saw part of it and its tail. It wasn't a true monster but would have been my best of the year. If it was a channel it would have been pushing my PB of 20lbs. I'm still pi$$ed at losing that fish! The Glowstick rod held up really good during the fight. That was the first true test it had and it definitely passed. I'm getting good at not catching fish and losing them. I didn't get skunked totally, caught several other species but no cats.

18. katfish ken

katfish ken New Member

State:
    Paintsvill
    John
    You know the big ones always get away.:wink::smile2:Sounds like you're about to break the curse.:wink::big_smile: SO what bait was you using.:cool2:

19. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    That was on a Skipjack head. I hope the curse is about gone, Its been on me forever!:roll_eyes::wink::smile2:

20. katfish ken

katfish ken New Member

State:
    Paintsvill
    Me too man . I havn't had a fish on in so long, not sure I'd know what to do with it. Or is it like riding a bicycle once ya learn ya never forget?:wink: Maybe my luck will change this week end.:confused2: Changing my fishing style a bit might just help.:wink: