Here we go again

Discussion in 'LOCAL MISSOURI TALK' started by bigcatmaniac, Jul 17, 2008.

1. bigcatmaniac

bigcatmaniac New Member

State:
    California Miss
    Well i just got back from checking my bait traps and amazingly they had been emptied and moved. I dont understand why people cant just leave other peoples stuff alone:angry::angry::angry:, i am the only person that has permission to fish in this secluded bait hole. I am gettin sick and tired of people runnin my lines and bait traps. The sad thing is that i didnt miss them by much because you could see two wet spots on the concrete where they had set my traps. All the game warden wanted to do was check my license and check to see if my traps were legal labeled (which they were). I dont know what im gonna do, because the local game warden doesnt really care about it...

2. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    This is sad. You could set up a camera if it is really important to you.

3. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    lot of creeps out there. now they know where there at too. at least they didnt take them.

4. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    The trail camera's work wonders. If ya recognise them, go confront em. A picture is worth,,,something anyway.

5. bnewsom71

bnewsom71 New Member

State:
    Mathervill
    Leave a nice little note beside them where the creep will see it. Telling him to just turn around.

6. kmcalester

kmcalester Active Member

State:
    Kansas City
    I say set up a camping site with a pellet gun and wait them out, and use your imagination.

7. bigcatmaniac

bigcatmaniac New Member

State:
    California Miss
    well i did a little bit of talkin and a little bit of lookin and i have found who did it. It just so happens that it was the neighbor of the guy that owns the land, he tried convincing me that those were his sons traps and that he could check them if he wanted, he THEN proceeded to tell me that i had no right to check them only 30 minutes after he did. So i did the best thing i could think of and went; talked to the owner of the land, pulled my traps and the two of us went and had a small chat with the neighbor. He didnt argue any after that. But i will not be placing my traps in that hole again.

8. Blade4130

Blade4130 Well-Known Member

State:
    Independence MO
    You got the owner on your side now so why not try to put them back. He would be stupid to mess with you again. Then again so many people are stupid.

9. Mi11er

Mi11er New Member

State:
    Independence, M
    Well it takes all kinds of people to make this world go around. You just met the people that suck:angry:

10. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Yep, that sounds pretty typical. I am amazed at how some people believe that the rest of the world should bow down to them. I would move one, there has to be other places to get bait, no use waisting any more of your life on this guy.

11. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    i wouldnt put em back for a while. he will most likely steal them or destroy them from the sounds of his intelligence.

give it a while or next year. or hook them up to the electric fence.:wink:

12. stump jumper

stump jumper New Member

State:
    illinois
    i know a guy that likes to brake things?:angry:

13. catfishjon

catfishjon New Member

State:
    texas
    Years ago two of us put some trot lines out in an old lake. We had been told that the locals considered the lake to be "theirs" and would run or steal you lines. They were right, as our lines had been run before we got there. We decided that they must be running them in the dark just before daylight. Back then we had them marked with white gallon jugs. We went into town and bought a package of double edge razor blades. We then wove them into the lines about a foot apart. We rebated at dark and got up about 3 am. We located ourselves about 200 yds from the lines in a cove and waited. About 5 am we heard a small boat on the water and they cut the motor where our lines were placed. We could hear them talking as they started running our lines. The next thing we heard was some very loud cursing describing us in some very unflattering manners. They left and after awhile we ran our lines, took our catfish, picked up the lines, and left. We never went back to that lake, but they will be more careful about running other people's lines. Catfishjon

14. dieselcat

dieselcat New Member

State:
    Washington, Mis
    put some needles through the string just remember where they are so you don't get stuck.I had same prob with someone running and baiting my trotline a couple times this year and i put needles and a series of hooks in them hoping they would get it,don;t know if they ever did though,but i'll bet if they did then they thought twice bout it next time:smile2:

15. catfishsafari

catfishsafari New Member

State:
    missouri
    Hillbilly, hillbilly, hillbilly!!!!!!!!!.:angry:.

16. BKS72

BKS72 New Member

State:
    East of KC
    That's what's nice about rod and reels - nobody's tried to run those on me and I've never had to booby trap them:smile2:

17. catfishscotty

catfishscotty Well-Known Member

State:
    mo
    pretty boy , pretty boy , pretty boys

sure do have a purdy mouth .

18. RIVER-RAT

RIVER-RAT New Member

State:
    MO / MT
    Setting "booby" traps is illegal in the state of Missouri. So you are not much better than the guys checkin' your killer lines.

19. dieselcat

dieselcat New Member

State:
    Washington, Mis
    Running someone elses line is illigal also.Just because you catch fish on trotlines doesn't mean you are killing them. If you don't like trotlining then don't do it. I personally enjoy trotlining, a lot of work but fun as hell IMO.

20. BKS72

BKS72 New Member

State:
    East of KC
    Nobody condoned running somebody else's lines or said running lines was bad. Not a word was said about killing fish. The comments were made about setting a trap that could cause serious injury on public waters. What would happen if that line got tangled in somebody's fishing line or prop and they tried to untangle it? I don't think $5 worth of nylon string and hooks is worth risking what could be a bad injury to an innocent person, that's all. My comment about rods and reels was meant to be funny.

BigCat, sorry to hear about the problems with the bait trap, hope you find a new spot where nobody messes with your stuff.