Here we go Again... Red River of the North Channel Catsfish!

Discussion in 'MEMBER FISHING REPORTS (BECOME A FISHING LEGEND)' started by hanson, Jun 8, 2006.

1. hanson

hanson New Member

State:
    Plymouth, MN
    I posted a number of months ago about the channel cat fishing on the Red River of the North (border water between MN & ND). For those in the know, the Red River is the premier channel cat fishery in the continental United States. There were obviously some doubters as well as those who know about the potential the Red has. Some of you may have experienced it already.

Well... a few weeks ago over Memorial Weekend, I took my dad to Grand Forks, ND where we ran into one of the most amazing channel cat bites we've ever experienced. In 2 days of fishing, we boated 40 channel cats totalling over 600lbs!!

Friday was much better than Saturday. On Friday, we boated 30 channel cats with (1) 21 pounder, (3) 20 pounders, (3) 19 pounders, (3) 18 pounders, (5) 17 pounders and so on. Smallest fish of the day was 8 pounds. 90% of the fish were over 14 pounds!!

On Saturday, I took an uncle of mine over for the experience and fishing was much slower. However, we did have a couple highlights!

1 - Was my uncle catching his biggest channel cat ever!

2 - Was when we had a triple out of 4 rods for 2 guys at the same time! The triple consisted of identical 18 pounders! Unreal is all I can say!! 2 of the rods went at once with the 3rd rod going during the middle of the battle with the other 2.

Attached Files: