Here we go again, HELP!

Discussion in 'Bubba's Outboards' started by tbull, Aug 17, 2008.

1. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Here it goes. 1994 Rude 112hp model number E112TSLERS, first problem is electrical, getting some serious voltage drops during starting, voltmeter will drop to almost 8 volts during crank, this may be a dumb question, but this motor does not charge while running correct? Also getting running problems again, been cutting out at wide open throttle again, did this when I first got the motor. I completley removed fuel tank and cleaned throughly, rebuilt fuel pump and replaced hoses, seemed to work now the problem is back. Lower part of engine has an dark oily substance after running, and a thick black substance running down the leg of the outboard after I remove it, this came out of nowhere. Took of cover and watched for a while when running motor, could not see any leaks anywhere? This all started after a tournament a couple weeks ago, the boat ran awesome the entire night till the end, then bogged down and batteries went dead, had to jump it, not to mention its a pain to start, you can fire it up with throttle only, but once you try to put in gear it dies. Performed a link and sync to manual specs, what gives here guys?? While looking through engine today, I saw what looked like a ground wire that was cut in half, I have attached a pics. I know its alot of info but I have to head in to work wanted to get as much on here as I could. COuld this wire be atleast some of the problem? Thanks as always brothers and sisters.

Attached Files:

2. Bubbakat

Bubbakat New Member

State:
    McMinnvill
    Take the battery and have it load tested and as for charging yes that motor should be charging while running. as for the gooey substance that most likely is unburned fuel and that is caused from your engine not burning all the fuel being put into it. Do you do a lot of trolling or nowake runing. What kind of plugs are you running and what are they set on.

3. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    i am running JC4 plugs gapped at .35, I do notice an increase in the fluid running down the leg when I am at low speed for a long period of time so that makes sense, but what about the other fluid that is pooling up in the bottom of the cowling below the carbs, or below what I believe is the intake cover that covers up the carbs? I have tried 3 different batteries on this engine and still the same. What do you think about the wire bubbakat? Should that thing be split in 2 like that? Could this be a rectifier problem? The night that it died on me i had been running wide open most of the night, if this thing is supposed to charge while running you would think it would have been plenty charged up. I will get the battery tested for sure though.