Here shaddy shad...

Discussion in 'LOCAL KANSAS TALK' started by boombalaty, Jun 20, 2009.

1. boombalaty

boombalaty New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Where are the flippin shad? Went to olathe and only got one after an hour of throwing. Gave up there and went to cedar and after an hour only had one little guy. Ripped the shizz out of my net too:embarassed:.

2. kcgeoff

kcgeoff New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Shad are like that. I spent about 3 hours chasing shad last time I fished. Ended up finding a dozen or so good sized ones at Olathe on the flats. Didn't do me any good at Gardner though. :sad2::eek:oooh:

3. boombalaty

boombalaty New Member

State:
    Kansas
    I had alot of good hits out there last weekend on shad. I was really disappointed in my bait haul today. Now I can somewhat actually throw it and got nada. Well Im going outside to see if I can repair the damage.

4. boombalaty

boombalaty New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Cast netting for shad AJ. Im not even sure we have skipjack around these parts. I think it was just a bad day. Last time in about 20 min I had a few dozen from the same spots...I dunno.

5. channelin

channelin New Member

State:
    Baldwin City Kansas
    Just to let you guys know I went to clinton spillway this afternoon and netted about a dozen 9"-12"Shad. It was a little slow but they are there, just in case anybody is having trouble finding them:big_smile: Has anyone found anywhere with some smaller ones 3"-5"?:confused2:

6. kcgeoff

kcgeoff New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Why do you want smaller shad? The bigger shad are much tougher and work better for cut bait.

7. channelin

channelin New Member

State:
    Baldwin City Kansas
    I have plenty of big ones for cut bait. I just like the smaller ones to put on whole and drift with.:big_smile:

8. 1mickymoo

1mickymoo New Member

State:
    Edgerton, Kansas
    drift with the big ones, catch bigger fish(usually less, but bigger). the shad fry ought to be big enough to net in the next month, i hate them little shad loading up my net.