Here it is - Graph Picture

Discussion in 'TEXAS LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by Fishwhisperer, Mar 12, 2006.

1. Fishwhisperer

Fishwhisperer New Member

State:
    TX
    here is the graph pic i was talking about. i shows bait fish with feeding and inactive fish. any added info would be great. i have a eagle 480 and have a long ways to go! thanks for any input

Attached Files:

2. Fishwhisperer

Fishwhisperer New Member

State:
    TX
    jackpot? how deep are the fish in this pic. i understand that the arches show how far from the transducer the fish are, what about the strong arches compared to the weaker arches?

3. Fishwhisperer

Fishwhisperer New Member

State:
    TX
    this is what luke morris says about the picture.....

"This is what we call JACKPOT. Open water bait fishing rarely gets
    better than this.
    A: indicates the baitfish which are schooled up in large quantities like
    a buffet table. B: is the thermocline showing where the bait is
    congregating.
    C: shows active moving and probably feeding fish while the arches
    depicted by …
    D: seem to indicate fish which are less active.
    Probably already bellied up to the buffet table and are taking a
    breather, before going back for desert."

4. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn
    D and the d fish on the right is the big fish there. See how thick the arch is in the middle. That is a big fish. Or that is what Lowrance states about the arches.

5. Fishwhisperer

Fishwhisperer New Member

State:
    TX
    that's what i would get out of all that poop on the screen, looks like a big mess to me though. maybe i need a under water camera instead.....

6. bluesbro

bluesbro New Member

State:
    tex
    Found some fish on my graph right in the middle of the channel. Fished with 70 ft jugs and caught 9 one day and 12 the next. (3 hooks at 3 ft intervals coming up from the bottom.) Nothing big, fish up to 11 lbs. Best to throw them out right at dark and run them at daylight the next morning. Some people love sinking jugs with their boats during the day so I never leave jugs out if I can get there early the next morning. Gave all the fish to my friend that was completely out of catfish in his freezer. Had to quit fishing on Wednesday morning and go to Belton for the rest of the week. Headed back out tomorrow when the wind slows down a bit. How much rain did the Ivie water shed get? Any of the rivers or creeks running? Will the lake catch any water? Did very well a couple of years ago when the Colorado ran. Went just up above the mud line with some jugs near Dead Man's Bluff.

3 guys caught 70 crappie during the day in shallow water near Byrd's Store on the Pecan Bayou. If the Jim Ned or Bayou runs, the catfishing is great. Fishing on the bottom with worms will net you a bunch of channels and a occasional yellow. Go up the Jim Ned close to the shoals, the fish will stack up there below the rock pile.