Here is the date and time of the next ODNR OPEN meeting

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by flathunter, Jul 6, 2009.

1. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Guys below is all the info to attend the next ODNR open meeting, and to voice our thoughts on the illegal selling of our trophy fish to pay ponds.

Please dont let this die, even if we get nothing done, they will know how we feel...Would it not be great if we filled the room!

September 10, 2009, 9am

Wildlife District One Office
    1500 Dublin Road
    Columbus
    This hearing is open to the public and input is permitted within specific time limits. After considering public input, the Ohio Wildlife Council will vote on the proposed rules and season dates during its next meeting.

2. smokey869

smokey869 New Member

State:
    frederickt
    if i can get the day off ill be there for sure, thanks for the info

3. CatHunter24

CatHunter24 New Member

State:
    Dayton, Ohio
    I will be at school in indiana, but if there is anyway i can make it back for this meeting I will. Our concerns will be listened to if they realize there are a lot of fisherman who care and see this as a problem, strength in numbers.

4. slimdaddy

slimdaddy Well-Known Member

State:
    Nelsonville, Oh
    Name:
    Keith
    i would like to attend if all possible have to wait and see about the work issue

5. HRCats

HRCats New Member

State:
    Ohio
    If i am working at that time i will miss work to go. Please post a reminder a week ahead. lol :wink:

6. Garrett Cope

Garrett Cope New Member

State:
    Columbus Ohio
    I'll be there Jack. The district office is just a few miles away from me.

7. Garrett Cope

Garrett Cope New Member

State:
    Columbus Ohio
    Also......ODNR is gonna wanna see some tangible evidence. If anyone has any proof of what's going on with some of these propriators then we need to bring it to the meeting. I always keep a camera with me when i fish and if i see any evidence of folks breaking the laws i'll be snapping away. Anyone who has specific evidence of folks paying for fish should bring it as well. And let's be sensible about this. We have to make sure we know what's going on out there before we jump to any conclusions. Hopefully our voices will be heard if enough of us show up at the meeting and have some concrete proof of misdeeds.

8. rasmotherman

rasmotherman New Member

State:
    salineville, ohio
    maybe we could work in a third pole too:big_smile:

9. catfishfearme

catfishfearme New Member

State:
    govecity,ohio
    jack i will be there, we need to fill this place up like you said, we need to treat this just like a ohio gathering:cool2: it would be nice if we all could meet up in the parking lot, and walk in together.

10. shotscott

shotscott New Member

State:
    Columbus, Ohio
    Rich, Give me a call, we can ride up there together. 3rd pole not a bad idea either. S

11. mbill

mbill New Member

State:
    Midvale Ohio
    I think this is something we need to keep some kind of reminder on here going. It would be nice if we could kinda have our concerns be presented in an organized fashion so our tempers aren't flairing as these meetings could promote that. If one of us stands to voice a concern we all stand to show our support of the topic. Just think it might look better as a strong group instead of an angry mob.
    Get more flies with honey instead if vinegar type of thing.:wink:
    Oh yeah and I would have room for 3 people in my vehicle if that helps.

12. OleWhiskers

OleWhiskers New Member

State:
    Minster,Ohio
    how about if someone who can go to the meeting start a petition signing to take along for those of us who can't make it to show our concerns about the matter of taking our fish from us to make a buck and ruin our enjoyment of the sport.It may also help to start one on the three pole rule also.

13. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I dont think many, if any of us have any concrete proof, like pictures of money being exchanged...Does this mean we should not go?..I am not trying to be a smart a$$ just asking.

Like Garret just said, we may sound stupid if we just say we think this is going on, without proof.

I dont think it's going on, without going into details I know 100 percent it is going on, but I dont have concrete proof.

14. shanelures

shanelures New Member

State:
    ohio
    i'll be there!!! 100% sure of it!!

15. mbill

mbill New Member

State:
    Midvale Ohio
    You said it proof or not I'm going

16. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    Sure gonna try to make this appointment. Hopfully the concerns we have will be listened to an taken into accounts.

17. catfishfearme

catfishfearme New Member

State:
    govecity,ohio
    i think ur right matt, i think we need to start a thread, and folks can say who they feel,or think would be a good, or smart person to speak for us.we could keep the thread open for 2 weeks, that way folks can think about who to vote for and post it, then after that, the speaker can start a thread and ask what the members , what would you like to be addressed:big_smile: at this meeting