Here is one for ya..Funny

Discussion in 'MISSOURI RIVERS TALK' started by ultramindbrk, Aug 1, 2009.

1. ultramindbrk

ultramindbrk New Member

State:
    Missouri
    So yesterday,I hit my local water hole on the river. I get set up and the bite starts instantly..Not getting my hopes up,because the gar here are insane..So 2 gar later I get some action on my first pole..Acting like a carp bite..My pole starts bobbin up and down,but only about an inch..And is constant..Using circle hooks,I kind of ease into the hook set..But nothing..But still feels like a fish is on..So I decide to continue reeling..And reeling ......and reeling...Get my bait up to the bank and nothing is there..Except someone else's fishing line that I had snagged...I grab the line and there is the pull!! I pulled in about a 10lb carp..Get him in and remove the hook and release him ..Crazy huh? But I get to thinking..What about the other end? How in the world did this happen? So I start pulling on the other end..And its attached to something..I am thinking a tree limb,rock,something..Nope..Most of you guessed it by now!! A fishing pole!! Brought it home ,cleaned it up and works like new!! Never had that happen before..Go fishing with 3 poles,and come home with 4!! WOOT
    Only one small cat..But for this spot,I don't expect much! What a good day..

2. Double L

Double L New Member

State:
    Mo
    I guess thats what happens when You dont watch Your pole:smile2:
    sad part is I have had it happen to me, fishing from a boat with a brand new ultralite setup about $85 and before I could grab it ,flew out of the boat, all I could do was laugh :smile2:

3. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    WTG Tim. One can always use another rod and reel.

4. bedbug jr

bedbug jr New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Great way to increase your inventory and cheap too:smile2: Stay safe and stick a pig!!!:wink:

5. ultramindbrk

ultramindbrk New Member

State:
    Missouri
    No doubt bedbug!! But I have been thinking..It happened in Winfield..If any of you have lost one and can tell me where and what kind of pole it is,I will gladly give it back..I'd hate it if it had happened to me.. :wink: Of course I would be a long shot..Probably some local who doesn't even have internet access,let alone come to these forums.. But you never know!

6. Andy52

Andy52 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Winfield, Mo.
    The only thing I can think of that would weirder and funnier, is a fisherman still hanging on to the rod. " I won't let go of my rod till they pry my cold dead finger from it.........:crazy:

7. SGTREDNECK

SGTREDNECK New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Score. Free fishing pole is always a good thing. Congrats on a rare catch.

8. sjohn58

sjohn58 Guest

What does the pole look like and I'll will tell you if it is mine :eek:oooh::smile2:

9. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    LOL! A carp fisherman too far from his gear. LOL! Good for you.

10. Blade4130

Blade4130 Well-Known Member

State:
    Independence MO
    Nice :big_smile:

11. fridaybocopw

fridaybocopw New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I think that might be my pole. I lost it on the river, there is a pole with some eyelets, a reel, some fishing line and a hook at the end. I think one of those dang carp got it when I wasn't looking,:roll_eyes::wink:

12. DWB

DWB Member

State:
    Missouri
    Funny stuff! Thanks for sharing. :smile2: