Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Product Sculpture Wood
I have been carving for a few years, when I started carving these canes.....well they are sooo poplar that they are about all I carve now. I hope you enjoy them. Oh and they are one solid piece of wood and nope I do not make them from the sticks that have the vine twisted on them. All scales are done one at a time, eyes are correct color ( I make them as well) Scales are as correct as I can get them. Let me know what you think.
Figurine Toy Sculpture Art

·
Registered
8,123 Posts
Lookin good!! I wish I had that talent but all I can do is whittle!! LOL

·
Premium Member
4,736 Posts
Thomas them canes are WAY COOL!!! Thanks for sharing the pictures and welcome to the B.O.C. J.D.

·
Banned
283 Posts
WOW! Those are amazing! I cant believe how real the snakes look. I can tell you have some experience with snakes. Not to mention carving. I am into venomous snakes so the copperhead stands out to me. I would love to see one of a rattlesnake.

If I get bit in the leg by a rattler and loose my ability to walk correctly I will be talking to you.

·
Registered
3,732 Posts
Your not fooling me Thom, those are real snakes on a bed post! nice camera work though....I can do the same thing, all you have to do is go find a snake, push a coat hanger down its throat and bend it around a piece of wood, then spray it down with clear lacquer. lol
Very nice work indeed.:glasses-cool:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.