Here Are Some Of My Custom Tied Flys And Some Other Flys

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing' started by field989, Jul 24, 2006.

1. field989

field989 New Member

State:
    east central indiana
    ok i wanna share with everyone some of the flys i tie and a few that i didnt...

#1ok the first one is that little foam spider that the gills love(up here anyways)
    #2the second one is somethin i thought up.. and i have seen some nice bass come after it and some BIG gills( it is like a wooly bugger but it has a red chinnel(sp) body, purple marabou tail and purple strung hackle for bugginess
    #3 is a little hook with green chinnel(sp) for the body... because i always see gills nipping at my bobber stop when i dont have a bobber on.. so i thought well heck i might as well try it out

i got more pics so give me a sec lol

Jeff

Attached Files:

2. field989

field989 New Member

State:
    east central indiana
    ok

#1 is my version of a little skeeter larva... but its got a red body and a little ruff of peacock hurl havent tried it out YET lol
    #2 is a tellico nymph cept its got ringneck pheasnt for the collar instead of other stuff...
    #3 is All of my flys... i know there is alot lol

Enjoy

any comments are welcome

Jeff

Attached Files:

3. jim

jim New Member

State:
    Jacksonville NC
    As an old old old fly fisherman and fly tyer I must compliment you on your developing tying skills.The skeeter Larva was very good.It would be better to place the flys on a basic white background instead of in your hand as the focus is slightly off.Tying itself can become an obsessive hobby and expensive.If I am not mistaken I have a bunch of equipment left some where from my Colorado days.If I can find it I might just send it on to you as my eyes are to old to tie anymore.We created flys as we needed in the good old Rocky mountain days for rivers like the South Platte, Gunnison ,Arkansas,Blue,and Taylor.Often we didn't even give then names per se and the best size 18-20 nymphs I ever made for the South Platte was simply called the "White Thing":big_smile: :lol: :eek:oooh: :smile2:

4. field989

field989 New Member

State:
    east central indiana
    yeah i kinda wondered about the background but too late now lol

thanks

and that skeeter larva was a size 16...(smallest i got.. or i would make it smaller to be more life like)

Jeff

5. Mutt

Mutt Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    Ca
    Name:
    Mutt
    they are looking good there Jeff I remember the days of when I could see good enough to tie a lot of flys I really need to see if I can see them good enough to tie em anymore myself.

6. rushing

rushing New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    Looking good!

I packed all my fly tying stuff away in May thinking I was going to have to move, so if I ever get off my butt and pull the stuff out I will take some pics.

I would recomend placing the fly in a vice with a light blue or white background. It will really show off your tying skills alot better.

Keep tying!

7. MsMixalot

MsMixalot New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    All those flies look awesomely real! Thanks for the pics!