Her #1 grievance: "You fish too much!"

Discussion in 'LOCAL KANSAS TALK' started by KAW RIVER KILLER, Dec 4, 2009.

1. KAW RIVER KILLER

KAW RIVER KILLER New Member

State:
    Lenexa, KS
    So my girlfriend of 2.5 years broke up with me to other day, her main reason, I fish too much :smile2::smile2::smile2:! No need for any "sorry to hear about that"s, we just weren't ment to be together and we are both better off. I should have seen this coming, though. My Grandmother left my Grandfather because he fished too much, my Father's first wife left him because he fished too much (he quit fishing, that's why my mom is still with him:wink:). So, it appears the it is my blood-right to have a woman leave me over my fishing habits. The plus side to this: no girlfriend = more beer + more fishing!!!!!

2. Dirtdobber

Dirtdobber Guest Staff Member

State:
    Vian Okla
    Find one that likes to fish:wink:

3. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Congrats are in order. Thats where my first one went!! LOL

4. gilmafam

gilmafam Well-Known Member

State:
    California
    Post a flyer asking for a room mate that likes to fish, clean fish, make bait wash clothes and do the cooking with a man that like to fish.... Please send pictures of your boat, and please bring some cold beer....:smile2:

Merry Christmas... Bayrunner Ray

5. rwg

rwg New Member

State:
    WICHITA, KANSAS
    Garen, I went thru 36 years of that, so I know what you mean. Some where there is a little cutie with a nice boat and likes to fish get on with your looking she's out there :big_smile:

6. n2fishn

n2fishn New Member

State:
    Topeka,Kan
    Garen sorry to hear about your loss....:eek:oooh::tounge_out::sad2::big_smile:
    But sounds like a new boat and new fishing gear is in your future:cool2::smile2:

Find one that likes the outdoors and likes to fish and then slip a ring on her finger.:eek:oooh::tounge_out::wink:

7. BigRossi

BigRossi New Member

State:
    California
    My wife and my buddies wives make there comments about our fishing habits! So I feel you! But were all together.....for now! LoL

8. Katatonik

Katatonik New Member

State:
    Ogden, Kansas,
    Start hanging out on the Sisterhood section of the Forum and keep your
    ears open. Be willing to drive awhile to confirm your suspicions and chalk
    it up to another fishing trip if it don't pan out. Enjoy the chase again.

9. arkrivercatman

arkrivercatman New Member

State:
    KS
    Sorry to hear that.:smile2:
    I agree, find a woman who likes to fish. The only downside to that is they want to go every time.:embarassed::smile2: Worth it though. Ashley is my favorite fishin partner.:roll_eyes:

10. delbert bumbleshoot

delbert bumbleshoot New Member

State:
    Overland Park,Kansas
    Fishing too much...That's like a car that's too fast or a girl too pretty or having too much money. No Way man.either find one that likes to go with you or one that likes some space and wants to hang out with her friends on the weekends. My wife almost never gives me any crap about going.As my kids get older I seem to have more activities that keep me from going as much {I'm a cub scout leader} but that is by my choice.

11. Jollymon

Jollymon Well-Known Member

State:
    Wilm .N.C
    Garen at least she was still your girlfriend, an not your wife when she decided you fished to much :wink::smile2:

12. KAW RIVER KILLER

KAW RIVER KILLER New Member

State:
    Lenexa, KS
    True, if I had to give up half my fishing poles it could have got ugly!

13. Gamblen

Gamblen New Member

State:
    Kansas City, KS
    Fishing to much???:confused2::doubt::0a28:

:0a21: What does that mean??

14. boombalaty

boombalaty New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Sorry to hear that bro or congrats??!! This just means we can hit the lake more often! Gimme a holla!

15. boombalaty

boombalaty New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Hahahahaha:smile2:

16. catwhisper

catwhisper New Member

State:
    georgia
    don't mean to be disrespectful, but your girlfriend was wrong. there is no such thing as too much fishing.:wink::smile2:

17. Catfish Fever

Catfish Fever New Member

State:
    Wside, Mil
    Yep, that's the way it goes Garen, happy to hear it went the right way for you:smile2: I've been God Blessed fortunate for Lydia, she never complained when I was gone from before sunup(yes you disbelievers, I actually used to do that:smile2:)to sundown hunting. When I couldn't hunt anymore and started Catfishing, when she was able, she would go with me. I'd get home from work around 5, she'd have chow packed, the cooler full of beer, I'd load it on the Catoon, we'd be on the lake by 5:15, usually stay till 12:30 or 1am. We did this pret'neer every day. When she couldn't go anymore, I'd go by myself, she'd still have a lunch packed for me, I had to load up the cooler though:roll_eyes::smile2:, I've NEVER heard a word of complaint to this day.
    Guarantee you, THERE IS ONE OUT THERE FOR YOU:wink:, just keep looking.:smile2:

Last edited: Dec 5, 2009
  18. Silvercreek

Silvercreek New Member

State:
    Kansas, Marion Reservoir
    Just another perfect example, why prostitution should be legalized. I'm just thinkin this. If my wife knew I wrote it, I'd be takin the beatin I deserve.

19. brian88b

brian88b Member

State:
    Fairdale, KY
    Brad Paisley said it best in a Country song "I'm Gonna Miss Her, Looky There I Gotta Bite":wink::wink::wink:

Didn't notice CatmanJeffs Video Thats it Partner Yeeee-Haaaaww

Last edited: Dec 5, 2009